Between 11-16 September, Cannes will be a hive of activity as the annual Cannes Yachting Festival gets underway. Here’s what to expect from the event.
In just a few weeks, a selection of superb yachts will descend upon the French Riviera to be admired by show-goers attending the 41st edition of the Cannes Yachting Festival. This is the ideal event for anyone looking to buy a smaller, semi-custom yacht as the event is a superior display of craftsmanship with the majority of yachts available for sale. Motor yachts will rub shoulders with traditional sailing yachts, as well as multi-hulls, tenders and day boats.
The show is expected to attract one of its highest number of yachts yet, with 600 yachts believed to be attending. Of those, around 100 are making their global debuts.
Vieux Port will play host to the majority of new boats while Port Canto will act as a dedicated brokerage and charter zone that will berth a handful of second-hand yachts for sale and for private charter. It’s here that you will find some of the biggest international brokers and charter companies showing off a range of superyachts. A free-of-charge sea shuttle will ferry visitors to and from each dock in seven minutes and will depart every 15 minutes.
The show is expected to attract one of its highest number of yachts yet, with 600 yachts believed to be attending.
The festival will also showcase the newest state-of-the-art gadgets and watertoys, with accompanying demonstrations. A gallery located in the Palais des Festivals will be selling luxury lifestyle pieces including watches, jewellery, spirits, clothing and homeware, as well as items specifically targeted to life on the water.
Another stand-out feature of the event is the ever-popular Concours d’Elégance, the third edition of which will be taking place this year on the 15th of September. It comprises a parade of luxury vintage and modern day boats and is certainly not to be missed.
The Mediterranean is still basking under a summer sun, and the area will be popular among holidaymakers and yachting enthusiasts alike. Although the Cannes Film Festival is behind us, the town is still a celebrity hotspot and lavish parties, superb dining and blissful beaches are all waiting to be enjoyed.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.