Taken off the charter market back in February, we are delighted to announce that the majestic 90m sailing superyacht ATHENA has re-joined the global charter fleet.
Built by Dutch shipyard Royal Huisman and delivered in 2004, sailing yacht ATHENA is one of the top 100 largest yachts in the world and is the largest sailing yacht currently available on the charter market. Designed by Pieter Beeldsnijder Design, she is classically styled yet features the highest levels of comfort and luxury on board. Her magnificent 90m length gives her an immense presence on the water and really sets her apart from other sailing yachts.
One of the largest and most luxurious three-masted schooners in the world, ATHENA took four years to build and showcases flawless naval architecture from Dykstra Naval Architects. Her interior features lightly stained mahogany and is cleverly divided into human-sized proportions that prevent her size from overwhelming her guests. Californian Rebecca Bradley is responsible for the soft furnishings and fabrics on board.
Built for Netscape and Silicon Graphics billionaire Jim Clark, ATHENA has been recognised by the yachting industry and has taken home numerous awards including ‘Best Sailing Yacht 36m+’ in 2005. She was also nominated for ‘Best Refitted Yacht’ in 2012 following her 2011 refit. Vintage grace on an impressive scale, ATHENA is a welcome re-addition to the global charter fleet and is sure to become a popular charter vessel once more.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.