The highly anticipated 6th edition of the Perini Navi Cup has started today, with sixteen exemplary superyachts in total gathering in Porto Cervo, Sardinia to participate in the thrilling 3-day regatta. Notable charter yachts taking part from the Perini Navi fleet include the newly delivered sloop yacht Perseus^3 and the well-known clipper ‘Maltese Falcon.’
Hosted by the Yacht Club Costa Smeralda, the event has successfully run as a gathering of owners and friends connected to Perini Navi 'family' biennially since 2004 and has become a staple of the regatta calendar.
Superyachts attending this year's regatta started to arrive as early as Saturday 29 August to prepare for the event.
Participants – including charter yachts such as the 64m S/Y ‘Spirit of the C’s,’ 59m S/Y SEAHAWK, 38m S/Y P2, new 2015 delivery 60m Perseus^3 and regular attendee and one of Perini Navi’s most innovative builds, 88m S/Y Maltese Falcon – will navigate a challenging course of up to 40 miles around the La Maddalena archipelago in Northeast Sardinia.
Both Perseus^3 and ketch SEAHAWK will be battling it to be leading representative from Perini Navi’s latest 60-metre series, with 2011 Perin Navi Cup winner, the iconic Maltese Falcon being chartered by a Chinese party especially for the event.
Planned by the YCCS international race committee, this year’s edition will feature the new ORC SY handicapping rule system. Organisers also ensure a busy calendar of social events are additionally on the agenda for attendees – as outlined below.
A special attendee to this year’s regatta will be 50m/164ft superyacht EXUMA, the first motor yacht of the Vitruvius series delivered by Perini Navi’s sister yard Picchiotti in 2010. She will make an appearance at the Cup following her 5-year circumnavigation of the globe circumnavigation of the globe, which she began shortly after her delivery.
The preliminary schedule of events is as follows, dependent on weather conditions:
Wednesday 2 September
10.00 – 17.00 Registration and inspections
18.00 Skipper's Briefing at YCCS Club House
19.30 – 21.30 Welcome Cocktails at YCCS Club House
Thursday 3 September
11.00 Day 1 Racing starts
20.00 Free evening
Friday 4 September
11.00 Day 2 Racing starts
19.00 Cocktail Contest onboard yachts
19.00 Start of the After-Race Cocktail Party at Bar Aqua Piazza Azzurra
Saturday 5 September
11.00 Day 3 Racing starts
19.00 Prizegiving Ceremony at Piazza Azzurra
21.00 Owner's Dinner at YCCS Club House
Superyachts attending this year's regatta started to arrive as early as Saturday to prepare
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charter in MayAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- Sneak preview inside brand new charter yacht O’MATHILDENow only a couple of months from completion, a number of exciting renderings have been published to illustrate the fasc...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Popular Marinas Reopen In The CaribbeanIn yet more good news for the Caribbean, it was revealed today that key marinas in the Virgin Islands and St Martin hav...