2014 Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show Comes to a Close
The 2014 edition of the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show has closed its doors yesterday on what was another successful event for exhibitors, attendance and luxury charter yachts.
Since last Thursday, the ‘Yachting Capital of the World’ Fort Lauderdale has played host to a selection of the charter market’s finest superyachts along with the world’s widest exhibition of yachts, tenders and marine accessories. Organisers are yet to confirm overall numbers, but with queues at the doors on opening day and a tangible buzz from brokers and visitors on the docks, the 55th edition of FLIBS has ended on a high.
The popular charter destination of Florida was blessed with sunshine throughout the event this year which added to the sense of positive atmosphere. With a surge in activity in the American market, US wealth is one of the most significant factors in the current superyacht industry’s continuing recovery from the economic downturn. Sales, re-sales and refits remain strong in the region and the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show each year serves as a good indication of the present state of the industry with a view to moving forward.
With a great line-up of charter yachts this year, the show has also demonstrated the strength of the charter market and displayed the quality available on the global fleet.
With a great line-up of charter yachts this year, the show has also demonstrated the strength of the charter market and displayed the quality available on the global fleet. Noteworthy yachts included the magnificent 78m/257ft motor yacht AMARYLLIS and the award-winning 60m/197ft superyacht DREAM, both by Abeking & Rasmussen. Many of the yachts on show will now be setting to the Caribbean for the winter season so contact your preferred charter broker to check for availability and itinerary options.
SELECTION OF CHARTER YACHTS THAT WERE EXHIBITED AT FLIBS 2014
Amaryllis Yacht For Charter
78m Abeking & Rasmussen, 2011
Dream Yacht For Charter
60m Abeking & Rasmussen, 2001 / 2014
Unbridled Yacht For Charter
58m Trinity Yachts, 2009 / 2015
Marie Yacht For Charter
55m Vitters, 2010
Maria Yacht For Charter
52m Feadship, 1995 / 2014
Sai Ram Yacht For Charter
52m Benetti, 2004 / 2015
- S/Y ALEXA Opens for Charters for Two in IndonesiaThe 31m/102ft sailing yacht ALEXA is a one-cabin phinisi offering romantic adventures for two in the magnificent archip...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- M/Y HARMONYA Now Available For CharterOriginally built by the Benetti Sail Division in 2005 and refit to an incredibly high standard in 2010, the 29m/94ft mo...
- M/Y SERENITY Joins the Global Charter FleetThe 41m/133ft superyacht SERENITY is now available for charter in the Bahamas and Caribbean following her launch from C...
- Feadship M/Y AQUARIUS Opens for CharterFollowing her sensational launch last September, the 92m/302ft motor yacht AQUARIUS from Feadship has now become availa...