Why Charter Yachts Are Heading To Sri Lanka
Following the arrival of the 92m/302ft motor yacht ‘Queen Miri’, talk has turned to Sri Lanka becoming a hot destination for charter yachts this winter.
Before making a passage for Singapore, the recently refit superyacht Queen Miri captured the attention of all those gathered in Port Galle. Showcasing her fresh sky-blue hull and commanding exterior lines, the motor yacht was unquestionably the centre of attention, and for good reaosn.
Reports from the island nation suggest that more superyachts will shortly be arriving to enjoy the climate on offer around this time of the year. Such news should come as no great surprise, of course, considering the sheer scope for exciting itineraries.
Indeed, from elephant spotting at the Yala National Park, to exploring the varied marine life unique to the island, Sri Lanka certainly offers the kinds of opportunities that appeal to the modern charterer.
With a range of ‘once in a lifetime’ experiences to enjoy, visitors to the island are sure to get even more out of the destination when reaching it by sea. Similar to the neighbouring Maldives, the crystal clear waters make for some exceptional swimming and snorkelling.
What’s more, the mountainous interior of the island allows charterers to spend countless hours exploring once they’ve disembarked from their yacht. For those less inclined towards such excursions, the postcard-perfect beaches offer a great environment to indulge some quiet repose.
The appeal of Sri Lankan cuisine is another attraction which would be impossible to overstate, with the variety of dishes sure to satisfy even the most selective of tastes.
With a rich culture and superb cruising grounds, there’s no doubt that Sri Lanka makes for an ideal charter destination
More Yacht Information
Queen Miri Yacht For Charter
92m Neorion, 2004 / 2016
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y PIONEER Offers Two Free Days of CharterOffering guests 9 days charter for the price of 7, the 46m/151ft expedition yacht PIONEER is perfect for exploring the ...
- M/Y ELYSIAN Open For Charter In The CaribbeanFollowing her appearance at the Antigua Charter Yacht Show in December, the 60m/197ft motor yacht ELYSIAN is now availa...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- Greece Maintains Status as a Superyacht Hotspot With a new year now underway, it’s possible to see how Greece continued to maintain its position as one of the prime ya...
- M/Y AXIOMA Drops Rate By €255,000 For WinterOffering a considerable reduction on select dates this spring and autumn, the 72m/236ft motor yacht AXIOMA presents a d...