From Rihanna and Cara Delevingne to Kate Moss and Simon Cowell, the A-list are all at sea this summer.
At this time of year models, actors and tycoons revel in holiday hospitality at its most expensive, spending time aboard luxury charter yachts, some of which cost hundreds of thousands of pounds to charter.
Rihanna, Cara Delevingne, Kate Moss, Simon Cowell, Princess Beatrice, Elton John and Daniel Day-Lewis have all had luxury yacht charter vacations this summer. We take a look at the yachts they chose to charter and the areas they visited.
The Cara-Rihanna yacht charter vacation was very much a girls affair for two of the highest earning young women in showbusiness. Enjoying a Monaco luxury yacht charter, they reportedly spent £500,000 on their trip, including £200,000 on food, booze and nights out in Monaco and £300,000 on actually chartering the yacht. They spent their days frolicking on jet-skis and towed inflatable water toys and enjoyed tequila shots on deck.
Simon Cowell’s month-long cruise is an annual event in the world of Mediterranean yachting. This summer, he spent it in St Tropez with ex-girlfriend Sinitta, her publicist boyfriend Jason Gale, TV producer Kelly Bergantz and her sister Jamie.
Kate Moss has regularly been photographed diving off yachts and her prevoius charter vacations include a trip with Lily Allen and Jean-Yves Le Fur off St Tropez in 2009.
This year, Kate Moss and husband Jamie Hince spent their summer sailing off the Balearic island of Formentera in Spain with their children and a selection of friends. Kate’s father Fran Cutler was there along with her young daughter Mercy, as was model Rose Ferguson and her artist husband Jake Chapman.
Princess Beatrice and long-term boyfriend Dave Clark recently joined a large group of friends on a luxury charter yacht cruising around the French Riviera. No stranger to yachting, two years ago the couple stepped off an elegant yacht to attend the Monaco Grand Prix, and last year they were on board a yacht in St Tropez.
This year, the couple spent their summer yacht charter vacation with Hollywood A-list couple Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis, who got to know each other when Ashton became the 500th traveller to book in for a future Virgin Galactic flight - Dave Clark is the project’s head of astronaut relations.
Though these yachts certainly cost a pretty penny, charter yachts come in all shapes and sizes and can suite a range of budgets.
(Rihanna and Cara) reportedly spent £500,000 on their trip, including £200,000 on food, booze and nights out in Monaco and £300,000 on actually chartering the yacht.
- The best brand-new superyachts for charter in 2019Be among the first to step on board a brand new superyacht with our round-up of the best recently-delivered yachts avai...
- VIDEO: Feadship transports 93m charter yacht ‘Lady S’ In a recent video, Feadship gives viewers a behind-the-scenes glimpse into how they moved their 93m/ 305ft megayacht ‘L...
- M/Y ‘Christina O’ available to charter at a reduced rate in the MediterraneanExplore Mediterranean hotspots such as the South of France and the Italian Riviera at a reduced rate on board one of th...
- 93m Feadship M/Y ‘Lady S’ joins the charter fleet It was announced this morning that Feadship’s latest masterpiece, the 93m/305ft superyacht ‘Lady S’, will be available ...
- Australia charter special announced on M/Y ‘Infinity Pacific’Enjoy nine days for the price of seven on Whitsundays yacht charters on board the 40m/133ft motor yacht ‘Infinity Pacif...
- 82m superyacht ROMEA available for South of France event chartersThe 82m/268ft motor yacht ROMEA has announced she is still available for Monaco Grand Prix yacht charters and Cannes Fi...