From Rihanna and Cara Delevingne to Kate Moss and Simon Cowell, the A-list are all at sea this summer.
At this time of year models, actors and tycoons revel in holiday hospitality at its most expensive, spending time aboard luxury charter yachts, some of which cost hundreds of thousands of pounds to charter.
Rihanna, Cara Delevingne, Kate Moss, Simon Cowell, Princess Beatrice, Elton John and Daniel Day-Lewis have all had luxury yacht charter vacations this summer. We take a look at the yachts they chose to charter and the areas they visited.
The Cara-Rihanna yacht charter vacation was very much a girls affair for two of the highest earning young women in showbusiness. Enjoying a Monaco luxury yacht charter, they reportedly spent £500,000 on their trip, including £200,000 on food, booze and nights out in Monaco and £300,000 on actually chartering the yacht. They spent their days frolicking on jet-skis and towed inflatable water toys and enjoyed tequila shots on deck.
Simon Cowell’s month-long cruise is an annual event in the world of Mediterranean yachting. This summer, he spent it in St Tropez with ex-girlfriend Sinitta, her publicist boyfriend Jason Gale, TV producer Kelly Bergantz and her sister Jamie.
Kate Moss has regularly been photographed diving off yachts and her prevoius charter vacations include a trip with Lily Allen and Jean-Yves Le Fur off St Tropez in 2009.
This year, Kate Moss and husband Jamie Hince spent their summer sailing off the Balearic island of Formentera in Spain with their children and a selection of friends. Kate’s father Fran Cutler was there along with her young daughter Mercy, as was model Rose Ferguson and her artist husband Jake Chapman.
Princess Beatrice and long-term boyfriend Dave Clark recently joined a large group of friends on a luxury charter yacht cruising around the French Riviera. No stranger to yachting, two years ago the couple stepped off an elegant yacht to attend the Monaco Grand Prix, and last year they were on board a yacht in St Tropez.
This year, the couple spent their summer yacht charter vacation with Hollywood A-list couple Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis, who got to know each other when Ashton became the 500th traveller to book in for a future Virgin Galactic flight - Dave Clark is the project’s head of astronaut relations.
Though these yachts certainly cost a pretty penny, charter yachts come in all shapes and sizes and can suite a range of budgets.
(Rihanna and Cara) reportedly spent £500,000 on their trip, including £200,000 on food, booze and nights out in Monaco and £300,000 on actually chartering the yacht.
- Watch Sydney's New Year's Fireworks on M/Y SAHANAThe 37m/120ft motor yacht SAHANA, one of Australia's finest charter yachts, is available for a New Year’s charter in th...
- New Superyacht ‘Les Bruxellois’ Open For CharterRecently delivered from the Sanlorenzo shipyard, the remarkable 34m/112ft motor yacht ‘Les Bruxellois’ is now open for ...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y ‘Lady J’ Open For Charter In The CaribbeanAs well as going on display at the Antigua Charter Yacht Show in December, the 43m/142ft motor yacht ‘Lady J’ will be o...
- M/Y KATHARINE Enjoys Stunning RefitFinely refined, the classically styled 61m/201ft motor yacht KATHARINE is available for charter in the Mediterranean fo...
- Anticipation Builds for FLIBS 2017 Now the Monaco Yacht Show has drawn to a close, attention turns to the USA’s boat show season which kicks off in Florid...