One of the largest and most impressive superyachts on the line-up, Rossi Navi’s latest launch will wow show-attendees when FLIBS 2018 gets underway tomorrow. If you’re keen to steal a glimpse of her interiors ahead of the show, a video published by her owners gives us an exclusive tour inside luxury yacht Utopia IV.
Built for life in the fast lane, the superyacht manages to achieve top speeds of 33 knots - a feat virtually unheard of on any other yacht of her size. “It’s like an aeroplane on water,” says owner Loren Ridinger in the video. She and her husband, the founders of Market America, wanted their newest superyacht to be a floating oasis on the water, where all of the family could get together and savour precious moments together.
The video opens with Utopia IV idling in the Mediterranean, showing off her clean lines and sleek exterior styled by Team 4 Design. The design house is also responsible for the interiors of the motor yacht, which embrace comfort and conviviality to create a laid-back atmosphere suitable for relaxing and enjoying time spent with loved ones.
“You can see that this boat is really magnificent,” says Ridinger as she takes viewers inside. The yacht is furnished in tranquil, neutral shades throughout, with pops of turquoise infusing the space. With several unique features, it’s evident a lot of thought has gone into designing the superyacht. A private balcony in the owner’s cabin ensures the sea is always within reach, and a sculpture running upwards through the central staircase has the names of all of the children in the family carved into the material.
The most important thing is it’s really a family boat. This boat was built with love.
Sure to be the hub of the superyacht in the evenings, the skylounge is spacious enough for the whole family to get together, but it retains an intimate and cosy ambience. An enormous television screen slides out from behind the wall, easily converting the space into a home theatre. “I keep wondering where it’s coming from, but it’s there- and it’s massive,” Ridinger laughs as the screen extends into the room.
On board Utopia IV, there are plenty of al fresco spaces that are primed for entertaining. The upper deck aft plays host to an expansive bar, dining arrangement and social area, where Ridinger says the family loves to get together and play games. If they want to cool off, they can head downstairs to the main deck, where a glittering pool awaits invitingly.
It’s like an aeroplane on water...You can see that this boat is really magnificent.
But if they want to dive into the ocean, the yacht’s beach club is vast. It extends the yacht by 30ft, or 9m, and ensures that everyone on board can make full use of the treasure chest of water toys.
“The most important thing is it’s really a family boat,” says Ridinger. “This boat was built with love.
“We’ve all spent a tremendous amount of time putting this thing together from the heart.”
- In pictures: Inside Abeking & Rasmussen M/Y EXCELLENCEHer award-winning, spaceship-style exteriors have been the subject of much acclaim, but her interiors have been kept cl...
- Where are the brand new yachts of 2019 chartering this winter?Whether you’re looking to ring in the New Year in St Barts or explore the turquoise oasis of the Indian Ocean by yacht,...
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.