In a journey which took over three days, Lady S navigated 17 bridges, locks and aqueducts on her 50km journey from Feadship’s Kaag facilities to Schiedam, near Rotterdam.
The video captures the painstaking moving process, which required ‘precision to the centimeter’ in both the beam and draught as she passed through tight gaps, narrow channels and fluctuations in water depth.
The incredible footage shows the number of people required to ensure the megayacht can pass between bridges smoothly. People on board the yacht hold fabric-covered sheets of wood against her hull to protect it from scratches as the yacht moves slowly through the restrictive gaps.
“The widest part of the boat passes the bridge first,” explains the Captain of the tugboat, “the rest follows automatically.”
“We have to communicate well. It is essential during transport.” He continues.
The video also shows workers attaching and detaching pontoons to provide buoyancy, with a diver getting into the water to disconnect them upon arrival in Rotterdam.
The widest part of the boat passes the bridge first and the rest follows automatically.
After arriving in Rotterdam, the motor yacht then ventured out to the North Sea for her sea trials, before heading to Feadships’s brand new Amsterdam for her finishing touches.
She is the very first superyacht to enter the shed, which has been specifically designed to cater to superyachts measuring more over 160 metres.
Lady S is set to become the world’s best equipped superyacht, available for luxury yacht charters, boasting a duplex Imax cinema, enormous pool and basketball court that doubles as a helipad.
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- Which yacht stars in the TV series 'Succession'?The 279ft (85m) charter yacht SOLANDGE is the yacht in HBO’s Succession. Hitting TV screens in 2019, the season finale ...
- 82m superyacht RoMea to charter in the Maldives this winterVenture to the lesser-explored Maldives this winter and discover a slice of paradise on board the 82m/ 268ft motor yach...
- First look inside brand new charter yacht SOARINGDue to launch later this year from Abeking & Rasmussen, the first renderings of the 68m/ 223ft motor yacht SOARING have...
- Superyacht KISMET gets blown up in '6 Underground' movieStarring in the biggest Netflix movie to date, Lurssen’s 95m/ 312ft motor yacht KISMET plays a central role in new Mich...