In a journey which took over three days, Lady S navigated 17 bridges, locks and aqueducts on her 50km journey from Feadship’s Kaag facilities to Schiedam, near Rotterdam.
The video captures the painstaking moving process, which required ‘precision to the centimeter’ in both the beam and draught as she passed through tight gaps, narrow channels and fluctuations in water depth.
The incredible footage shows the number of people required to ensure the megayacht can pass between bridges smoothly. People on board the yacht hold fabric-covered sheets of wood against her hull to protect it from scratches as the yacht moves slowly through the restrictive gaps.
“The widest part of the boat passes the bridge first,” explains the Captain of the tugboat, “the rest follows automatically.”
“We have to communicate well. It is essential during transport.” He continues.
The video also shows workers attaching and detaching pontoons to provide buoyancy, with a diver getting into the water to disconnect them upon arrival in Rotterdam.
The widest part of the boat passes the bridge first and the rest follows automatically.
After arriving in Rotterdam, the motor yacht then ventured out to the North Sea for her sea trials, before heading to Feadships’s brand new Royal Van Lent yard for her finishing touches.
She is the very first superyacht to enter the shed, which has been specifically designed to cater to superyachts measuring more over 160 metres.
Lady S is set to become the world’s best equipped superyacht, available for luxury yacht charters, boasting a duplex Imax cinema, enormous pool and basketball court that doubles as a helipad.
- The best brand-new superyachts for charter in 2019Be among the first to step on board a brand new superyacht with our round-up of the best recently-delivered yachts avai...
- M/Y ‘Christina O’ available to charter at a reduced rate in the MediterraneanExplore Mediterranean hotspots such as the South of France and the Italian Riviera at a reduced rate on board one of th...
- 93m Feadship M/Y ‘Lady S’ joins the charter fleet It was announced this morning that Feadship’s latest masterpiece, the 93m/305ft superyacht ‘Lady S’, will be available ...
- Australia charter special announced on M/Y ‘Infinity Pacific’Enjoy nine days for the price of seven on Whitsundays yacht charters on board the 40m/133ft motor yacht ‘Infinity Pacif...
- 82m superyacht ROMEA available for South of France event chartersThe 82m/268ft motor yacht ROMEA has announced she is still available for Monaco Grand Prix yacht charters and Cannes Fi...