The government of the US Virgin Islands has outlined a 5-point plan for reopening the islands for international travel by June 1 2020, according to local media reports.
The details of the new plan were announced by Governor Albert Bryan Jr. at the end of April.
“We anticipate moving from this [...] stay at home status to the [...] open-door status on June 1st. That is the date marked tentatively for the reopening of USVI to leisure travelers,” the Governor said during his address.
June 1st [..] is the date marked tentatively for the reopening of USVI to leisure travelers.
The USVI’s are currently in the third phase of the plan, which involves the reopening of most businesses across the islands. Residents are obligated to maintain Social Distancing and wear face masks when out in public.
The plan highlights the safety of the residents of USVI's, as well as those traveling to visit the islands amid the Coronavirus outbreak.
The USVI's are a popular destination for private yacht charters, with warm weather and air temperatures of around 85 degrees Fahrenheit (30 degrees Celsius) in June and July.
The reopening of the USVI's marks a great opportunity for a tropical getaway on a superyacht, with commercial and private direct flights available (subject to travel restrictions) from cities in the USA including New York and Miami.
With no shortage of natural beauty and outstanding dive sites, the islands are primed for Social Distancing Yacht Charters.
With no shortage of natural beauty and outstanding dive sites, the islands are primed for Social Distancing Yacht Charters. You can cruise around the islands on a yacht, soaking up the splendor of St. Thomas or fishing in the rich waters of St. Croix.
For more travel and destination inspiration, check out our top things to do on a yacht charter in the Virgin Islands, which includes attractions such as Trunk Bay.
All superyacht crew are exercising extreme vigilance when it comes to maintaining a safe and sanitary on-board environment and ensuring potential exposure to the novel Coronavirus is limited.
There are plenty of superb yachts available for charter in the USVI, including crewed catamarans.
For something with a little more volume, the 171’ (52m) charter yacht LATITUDE features an all-access elevator that makes her wheelchair-friendly, and 127’ (39m) motor yacht T-ZERO has an excellent toy locker which makes her a great option for families.
To view and compare all yachts in the region, you can browse the complete fleet of luxury yachts for charter in the Virgin Islands.
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- Which yacht stars in the TV series 'Succession'?The 279ft (85m) charter yacht SOLANDGE is the yacht in HBO’s Succession. Hitting TV screens in 2019, the season finale ...
- 82m superyacht RoMea to charter in the Maldives this winterVenture to the lesser-explored Maldives this winter and discover a slice of paradise on board the 82m/ 268ft motor yach...
- First look inside brand new charter yacht SOARINGDue to launch later this year from Abeking & Rasmussen, the first renderings of the 68m/ 223ft motor yacht SOARING have...
- Superyacht KISMET gets blown up in '6 Underground' movieStarring in the biggest Netflix movie to date, Lurssen’s 95m/ 312ft motor yacht KISMET plays a central role in new Mich...