This morning the entire yachting industry turned its attention to the Monaco Yacht Show 2018 as the first day gets off to a spectacular start in Port Hercules.
The sun was out as H.S.H Prince Albert II of Monaco officially opened the 28th edition of the show, with 30,000 visitors expected to walk through the gates over the next four days.
YachtCharterFleet was there to watch the action and report back on this morning's events.
As the show gets in full swing, those in attendance will be able to take in 121 magnificent one-off superyachts berthed in the port while even more spectacular vessels can be seen at anchor off the Monaco coast. Of the fleet, 40 will be making their world debuts so there is excitement abound at Port Hercules.
This year, alongside the opportunity to see brand new yachts there is also a brand new show layout. For the very first time, naval architects, shipyards, designers and brokers will be showcasing their products and services alongside the superyacht itself in an effort to make the show more enjoyable for future yacht buyers.
One of the most-talked-about yachts so far is the 90m/295ft motor yacht DAR from Oceanco after she picked up two wins at last night’s Monaco Yacht Show Superyacht Awards. This morning, the newly crowned 'finest new superyacht' can be found berthed along Quai Rainier III.
Fellow Oceanco build, the 89m/290ft charter yacht BARBARA, is also on display and you can see her distinctive Sam Sorgiovanni-designed exterior lines up close in one of the photos below.
Other vessels caught on camera by YachtCharterFleet include the 37m/120ft superyacht BRIGADOON from Moonen, and a helicopter can be seen perched on the aft deck of Damen’s 56m/182ft support vessel ‘Power Play’ with Amels’ 55m/180ft superyacht ‘La Familia’ in the background.
Photos below also reveal some of the world-class shipyards exhibiting at the event. Among these are CRN and Pride Mega Yachts, which is in Monaco representing the 88m/291ft superyacht ‘Illusion Plus’, a brand new build fresh from picking up the best interior award at last night’s ceremony.
Among the world-class shipyards in Monaco is Pride Mega Yachts, which is representing the award-winning 88m/291ft superyacht ‘Illusion Plus,
In total, there are 580 exhibitors showcasing their products and services. Back for the second year in a row is a newly extended ‘Tenders & Toys’ area at Quai Jarlan, presenting products such as chase-boats, sport tenders submersibles and inflatables.
There is also a prestige car exhibition displaying around 12 tailor-made vehicles and hypercars. This ‘Car Deck’ is also located on Quai Jarlan alongside the Starboard Lounge.
To discover what else is happening in Monaco, watch out for our upcoming gallery of show photos live from the Monaco Yacht Show including the main event plus pictures from the best parties. YachtCharterFleet will be on the ground at the show, so expect regular updates on all the latest news.
For more details on any of the yachts at MYS 2018, speak to your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, view all superyachts attending the Monaco Yacht Show 2018.
- In pictures: Inside Abeking & Rasmussen M/Y EXCELLENCEHer award-winning, spaceship-style exteriors have been the subject of much acclaim, but her interiors have been kept cl...
- Where are the brand new yachts of 2019 chartering this winter?Whether you’re looking to ring in the New Year in St Barts or explore the turquoise oasis of the Indian Ocean by yacht,...
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.