Instigated by Greece’s possible exit from the Eurozone and the new bond buying programme, the Euro is currently at its lowest amount in 12 years, falling as low as $1.06. Since 1 July, the euro’s value has fallen 22.4% from $1.37 and traders soon expect the euro will equal the worth of a dollar.
In the UK, the sterling has additionally risen by 1% to be at €1.40 for the first time in over 7 years. Those planning a charter in the Mediterranean region can take advantage of having more than 15% more spending power than this time last year. Currently, every £6000 spent equates to €8220 (€7,070 last year) towards renting a yacht in Mediterranean charter hotspot.
The devaluation of the euro is widely expected to boost the economies of countries in the Eurozone, such as France, Greece, Italy and Spain, as a superyacht charter in the Mediterranean becomes an even more lucrative option.
Find YachtCharterFleet's recommendations of charter yachts priced in euros and offering a good deal across each size category below:
Charter Yacht AIR 700,000 EUR per week - Saving of approximately $230,000 / £85,000*
With a helipad, swimming pool, extensive movie library, gym and large crew of 21, ultra-modern 81m superyacht AIR is the complete package for a vacation visiting the picture-perfect beaches of the Caribbean. Styled with bespoke artworks throughout her lavish interior, she also features an elevator for easy access to her 8 staterooms - which sleeps up to 12 guests.
Charter Yacht SILVER WIND 155,000 EUR per week - Saving of approximately $51,000 / £20,000*
Hybrid-powered and boasting an impressive top speed of 32 knots and cruising speed of 26 knots, 44m motor yacht 'Silver Wind' is the perfect choice for darting to West Mediterranean hotspots such as Corsica and Sardinia in style. An economical build new to the global charter fleet, her vast deck spaces are ideal for entertaining, with accommodation for up to 8 guests in four staterooms following days of water sports, relaxation and soaking up the sun.
Charter yacht BRADLEY 45,000 EUR per week - Saving of approximately $15,000 / £6,000*
The 26m catamaran BRADLEY may be a smaller choice, but her well-appointed layout has the feel of a significantly larger vessel. Open-plan living areas are styled with luxurious light woods and large windows from which guests can enjoy spectacular views whilst cruising in Turkey. Her top-of-the-range amenities include a deck Jacuzzi the latest entertainment systems, with accommodation for up to 10 guests in five staterooms.
For more details about planning a charter vacation in the Mediterranean, please contact your preferred yacht charter broker.
Alternatively, take the time to browse the wide range of luxury yachts to rent in the Mediterranean to find the perfect vessel for your requirements.
*Calculated from the exchange rate on 12th March 2015 in comparison to 12th March 2014
- Which yacht stars in the TV series 'Succession'?The 279ft (85m) charter yacht SOLANDGE is the yacht in HBO’s Succession. Hitting TV screens in 2019, the season finale ...
- 82m superyacht RoMea to charter in the Maldives this winterVenture to the lesser-explored Maldives this winter and discover a slice of paradise on board the 82m/ 268ft motor yach...
- First look inside brand new charter yacht SOARINGDue to launch later this year from Abeking & Rasmussen, the first renderings of the 68m/ 223ft motor yacht SOARING have...
- 75m Feadship charter yacht ARROW makes a splashThis weekend saw the official launch ceremony and christening of the newest addition to the Feadship fleet; 75m/ 246ft ...
- Superyacht KISMET gets blown up in '6 Underground' movieStarring in the biggest Netflix movie to date, Lurssen’s 95m/ 312ft motor yacht KISMET plays a central role in new Mich...
- Brand new 95m charter yacht O’PARI on track for 2020 delivery Golden Yachts is set to launch the 95m/310ft motor yacht O’PARI next spring, following which she will be available for ...