The 2018 Fort Lauderdale Boat Show (FLIBS) is set to impress next week with a superb selection of superyachts and some exciting new enhancements.
One of the show’s defining features is the huge amount of ground it covers and the upcoming edition will be no different. It will span three million square feet of exhibit space and six miles of floating docks, where 1,500 boats, including a top fleet of superyachts, will once again be showcased.
Joining these show mainstays will be a number of improvements and new auxiliary events. Read on to discover what you can expect when the event opens its doors in seven days’ time.
A variety of enhancements will offer visitors a fresh new approach to enjoying FLIBS 2018 and create an even more successful sales environment for exhibitors.
The changes will be apparent as soon as attendees arrive due to the repositioning of the show entrance. It has been moved several hundred yards to the north end of the Bahia Mar Hotel property along Seabreeze Boulevard and will boast a new plaza-like configuration and efficiently-designed security.
The new entrance will also include a separate VIP and exhibitor gate while the previous main entrance will be used for exhibitors moving in and out of the show. Such changes will improve access for both attendees and exhibitors, and hopefully boost the overall show experience.
New culinary experiences
For the very first time, award-winning catering group Proof of the Pudding will transform the food and drink offerings at FLIBS 2018 into upscale culinary and mixology experiences.
A number of ‘Ports of Call’-themed food stations will be available across the show, serving up specialities from Cabo San Lucas, Portofino, the British Virgin Islands, the Greek Isles and the French Riviera. The group will also cater for exhibitors and fringe events.
Speciality cocktails, premium wines and a full line-up of craft beers will be available too, and Proof of the Pudding mixologist will be teaming up with local brewers to add an on-site guest brewer to each drink station.
Debut yacht chef competition
One of the latest show additions to be announced is a new ‘Iron Chef-style’ competition which will bring together chefs from FLIBS's registered vessels. The aim is for chefs to impress a special line-up of guest judges with their culinary creations and be crowned the ‘Best Yacht Chef’.
The contest will serve as a brilliant way to showcase the gourmet cooking skills and amazing artistry of superyacht chefs. Show attendees can buy tickets to watch the action unfold on Thursday 1 November at Pier Sixty-Six Hotel and Marina from 18.30 to 22.30.
The highlight of FLIBS for many is the stellar fleet of superyachts on display. This year’s two standout yachts are sure to be the 85m/279ft superyacht ARETI from Lurssen and Abeking & Rasmussen’s new build, the 74m/244ft superyacht ELANDESS, which wowed at the Monaco Yacht Show last month.
Unfortunately, both these yachts are for private use only, but there are some exciting charter yachts on the bill. These include the 63m/205ft Icon superyacht ‘Party Girl’ and two fellow Abeking & Rasmussen builds - the 60m/197ft superyacht ‘Excellence V’ and the 60m/197ft superyacht ELYSIAN.
For more details on any yachts attending the show, talk to your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, view all superyachts at FLIBS 2018.
- In pictures: Inside Abeking & Rasmussen M/Y EXCELLENCEHer award-winning, spaceship-style exteriors have been the subject of much acclaim, but her interiors have been kept cl...
- Where are the brand new yachts of 2019 chartering this winter?Whether you’re looking to ring in the New Year in St Barts or explore the turquoise oasis of the Indian Ocean by yacht,...
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.