The 2018 Fort Lauderdale Boat Show (FLIBS) is set to impress next week with a superb selection of superyachts and some exciting new enhancements.
One of the show’s defining features is the huge amount of ground it covers and the upcoming edition will be no different. It will span three million square feet of exhibit space and six miles of floating docks, where 1,500 boats, including a top fleet of superyachts, will once again be showcased.
Joining these show mainstays will be a number of improvements and new auxiliary events. Read on to discover what you can expect when the event opens its doors in seven days’ time.
A variety of enhancements will offer visitors a fresh new approach to enjoying FLIBS 2018 and create an even more successful sales environment for exhibitors.
The changes will be apparent as soon as attendees arrive due to the repositioning of the show entrance. It has been moved several hundred yards to the north end of the Bahia Mar Hotel property along Seabreeze Boulevard and will boast a new plaza-like configuration and efficiently-designed security.
The new entrance will also include a separate VIP and exhibitor gate while the previous main entrance will be used for exhibitors moving in and out of the show. Such changes will improve access for both attendees and exhibitors, and hopefully boost the overall show experience.
For the very first time, award-winning catering group Proof of the Pudding will transform the food and drink offerings at FLIBS 2018 into upscale culinary and mixology experiences.
A number of ‘Ports of Call’-themed food stations will be available across the show, serving up specialities from Cabo San Lucas, Portofino, the British Virgin Islands, the Greek Isles and the French Riviera. The group will also cater for exhibitors and fringe events.
Speciality cocktails, premium wines and a full line-up of craft beers will be available too, and Proof of the Pudding mixologist will be teaming up with local brewers to add an on-site guest brewer to each drink station.
One of the latest show additions to be announced is a new ‘Iron Chef-style’ competition which will bring together chefs from FLIBS's registered vessels. The aim is for chefs to impress a special line-up of guest judges with their culinary creations and be crowned the ‘Best Yacht Chef’.
The contest will serve as a brilliant way to showcase the gourmet cooking skills and amazing artistry of superyacht chefs. Show attendees can buy tickets to watch the action unfold on Thursday 1 November at Pier Sixty-Six Hotel and Marina from 18.30 to 22.30.
The highlight of FLIBS for many is the stellar fleet of superyachts on display. This year’s two standout yachts are sure to be the 85m/279ft superyacht ARETI from Lurssen and Abeking & Rasmussen’s new build, the 74m/244ft superyacht ELANDESS, which wowed at the Monaco Yacht Show last month.
Unfortunately, both these yachts are for private use only, but there are some exciting charter yachts on the bill. These include the 63m/205ft Icon superyacht ‘Party Girl’ and two fellow Abeking & Rasmussen builds - the 60m/197ft superyacht ‘Excellence V’ and the 60m/197ft superyacht ELYSIAN.
For more details on any yachts attending the show, talk to your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, view all superyachts at FLIBS 2018.
- Which yacht stars in the TV series 'Succession'?The 279ft (85m) charter yacht SOLANDGE is the yacht in HBO’s Succession. Hitting TV screens in 2019, the season finale ...
- 82m superyacht RoMea to charter in the Maldives this winterVenture to the lesser-explored Maldives this winter and discover a slice of paradise on board the 82m/ 268ft motor yach...
- First look inside brand new charter yacht SOARINGDue to launch later this year from Abeking & Rasmussen, the first renderings of the 68m/ 223ft motor yacht SOARING have...
- 75m Feadship charter yacht ARROW makes a splashThis weekend saw the official launch ceremony and christening of the newest addition to the Feadship fleet; 75m/ 246ft ...
- Superyacht KISMET gets blown up in '6 Underground' movieStarring in the biggest Netflix movie to date, Lurssen’s 95m/ 312ft motor yacht KISMET plays a central role in new Mich...
- Brand new 95m charter yacht O’PARI on track for 2020 delivery Golden Yachts is set to launch the 95m/310ft motor yacht O’PARI next spring, following which she will be available for ...