Some of the world’s finest superyachts are currently in Quai des États-Unis ready for The Rendezvous in Monaco 2013 - the annual yachting event for superyacht owners and their guests.
Formerly known as the ShowBoats International Rendezvous, The Rendezvous in Monaco is now a permanent fixture on the yachting calendar for yachting enthusiasts across the world. The Rendezvous serves to unite like-minded yacht owners for four days of fun on the water alongside a range of social events.
Yachts attending this years Rendezvous include motor yacht 4H - the 38.50m Sanlorenzo 125, Ingot - the 46.9m Burger charter yacht, motor yacht Blue Ice - the 46m Palmer Johnson 150 and luxury charter yacht Pride - the newly launched 45m yacht by Viudes. Additionally, there will be the ShowBoats Design Awards 2013 finalist yachts Only Now - the 33.9m by Tansu and Stella Maris - the 72.1m by VSY. This years host yacht is the 45m Karia, built by RMK Marine.
Beginning today, The Rendezvous kicks off with a private lunch for the superyacht owners at the Yacht Club de Monaco, sponsored by R K Harrison. In true yachting tradition, the first day will close with a Welcome Cocktail and Yacht Hop, including live music along the Quai des Étas-Unis. The fabulous party atmosphere accompanies guests as they move from yacht to yacht, reacquaintanting with old friends and making new ones. The bartending crew onboard the superyachts partake in the spirit of the event in The Rendezvous Cocktail Competition, each creating their own cocktail using Wakaya Perfection 100% Organic Ginger Power. Celebrity chefs from the Relais & Chateux Association also participate in the event by serving a selection of their signature dishes.
Most of the action from The Rendezvous will take place along the Quai, which has been made private to guests of the event. This allows the yacht owners to enjoy the spectacle of the superyacht fleet from nearby.
Tomorrow, on Friday 21st June, Tthe Rendezvous fleet will take part in a Cruise in Company to Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat. They will anchor off the picturesque Paloma Beach restaurant and enjoy a day of fun with spectacular views over Beaulieu and Cap d’Ail.
The ShowBoats Design Awards will take place at the historic Monaco Opera House on Friday evening. Guests will mingle with the industry’s leading creative talents to celebrate the best superyacht designs at the prize giving, which will be presented by British tennis champion Annabel Croft.
The finale of The Rendezvous will be the famous Diamonds & White Rendezvous Party. This year, the party will be held at the Key Largo villa in Monte Carlo where cocktails will be served on the helipad overlooking Cap d’Ail and the Palais of Monaco, followed by dining and then dancing into the early hours of the morning.
Read our guide to Monaco luxury yacht charters here.
...the Rendezvous kicks off with a private lunch for the superyacht owners at the Yacht Club de Monaco, that is sponsored by R K Harrison. In true yachting tradition, the first day will close with a Welcome Cocktail and Yacht Hop, including live music along the Quai des Étas-Unis.
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charterAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- Sneak preview inside brand new M/Y O’MATHILDENow only a couple of months from completion, a number of exciting renderings have been published to illustrate the fasc...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Popular Marinas Reopen In The CaribbeanIn yet more good news for the Caribbean, it was revealed today that key marinas in the Virgin Islands and St Martin hav...