Some of the world’s finest superyachts are currently in Quai des États-Unis ready for The Rendezvous in Monaco 2013 - the annual yachting event for superyacht owners and their guests.
Formerly known as the ShowBoats International Rendezvous, The Rendezvous in Monaco is now a permanent fixture on the yachting calendar for yachting enthusiasts across the world. The Rendezvous serves to unite like-minded yacht owners for four days of fun on the water alongside a range of social events.
Yachts attending this years Rendezvous include motor yacht 4H - the 38.50m Sanlorenzo 125, Ingot - the 46.9m Burger charter yacht, motor yacht Blue Ice - the 46m Palmer Johnson 150 and luxury charter yacht Pride - the newly launched 45m yacht by Viudes. Additionally, there will be the ShowBoats Design Awards 2013 finalist yachts Only Now - the 33.9m by Tansu and Stella Maris - the 72.1m by VSY. This years host yacht is the 45m Karia, built by RMK Marine.
Beginning today, The Rendezvous kicks off with a private lunch for the superyacht owners at the Yacht Club de Monaco, sponsored by R K Harrison. In true yachting tradition, the first day will close with a Welcome Cocktail and Yacht Hop, including live music along the Quai des Étas-Unis. The fabulous party atmosphere accompanies guests as they move from yacht to yacht, reacquaintanting with old friends and making new ones. The bartending crew onboard the superyachts partake in the spirit of the event in The Rendezvous Cocktail Competition, each creating their own cocktail using Wakaya Perfection 100% Organic Ginger Power. Celebrity chefs from the Relais & Chateux Association also participate in the event by serving a selection of their signature dishes.
Most of the action from The Rendezvous will take place along the Quai, which has been made private to guests of the event. This allows the yacht owners to enjoy the spectacle of the superyacht fleet from nearby.
Tomorrow, on Friday 21st June, Tthe Rendezvous fleet will take part in a Cruise in Company to Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat. They will anchor off the picturesque Paloma Beach restaurant and enjoy a day of fun with spectacular views over Beaulieu and Cap d’Ail.
The ShowBoats Design Awards will take place at the historic Monaco Opera House on Friday evening. Guests will mingle with the industry’s leading creative talents to celebrate the best superyacht designs at the prize giving, which will be presented by British tennis champion Annabel Croft.
The finale of The Rendezvous will be the famous Diamonds & White Rendezvous Party. This year, the party will be held at the Key Largo villa in Monte Carlo where cocktails will be served on the helipad overlooking Cap d’Ail and the Palais of Monaco, followed by dining and then dancing into the early hours of the morning.
Read our guide to Monaco luxury yacht charters here.
...the Rendezvous kicks off with a private lunch for the superyacht owners at the Yacht Club de Monaco, that is sponsored by R K Harrison. In true yachting tradition, the first day will close with a Welcome Cocktail and Yacht Hop, including live music along the Quai des Étas-Unis.
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- BEST PHOTOS: Monaco Yacht Show 2018YachtCharterFleet has handpicked the best photos from more than 6,000 Instagram posts to help you get straight to the h...
- First look inside brand new 85m M/Y O’PTASIABrand new and available to charter in Greece, the 85m/279ft motor yacht O’PTASIA has released some fresh images of the ...
- Feadship M/Y JOY now available for Caribbean yacht charterMaking her Caribbean debut, the magnificent 70m/230ft motor yacht JOY is now open to enquiries for luxury yacht charter...