The epic finale to the F1 season is preparing to dazzle in Abu Dhabi, with practise laps kicking off today at Yas Marina Circuit. The event has attracted some seriously impressive superyachts, and we're shining the spotlight on a selection of yachts currently berthed in the marina.
As one of only two Formula 1 events which can be watched from the luxury setting of a yacht, the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix transforms Yas Marina into a who's who of F1 legends, A-list elites and superyacht socialites.
The Abu Dhabi Grand Prix is celebrating its 10th anniversary this year, and promises an epic schedule of on-track action followed by non-stop party vibes.
But away from the famous faces and show-stopping entertainment, there's plenty to see in the marina itself. Over the past few weeks, a superb selection of yachts has set course for the event to be right in the heart of the racing action and electrifying atmosphere.
Currently berthed in the marina, superyachts such as the 71m/ 232ft luxury yacht ‘Talisman C’ and the 73m/ 240ft mega yacht RABDAN will both become major components in the luxury festivities celebrating the grand finale to the F1 season.
Some of the superyachts in attendance have made appearances at Yas Marina before, such as the 60m/ 196ft luxury yacht 'St David', a charter platform renowned for her capacity to host lavish on-board events. The 59m/ 195ft private yacht PEARL is also on the scene, alongside the 47m/ 154ft private yacht ‘Al Maqam’.
Expect to find pulsing nightclubs dotted around Yas Marina as well as a range of private yacht parties
Many of the yachts at the event are private yachts, used exclusively by the owner and their chosen guests. Some are undertaking private yacht charters, and others have been booked to host luxury yacht hospitality packages. The yachts booked for F1 hospitality packages will be the life and soul of the party tonight, with many of them playing host to world-class DJs, dazzling entertainment sets and meet and greets with former F1 drivers.
As the race draws to a close ending the F1 season, the already palpable party ambience and anticipation for the Grand Prix’s exclusive after-party increases quickly.
The after-race concert includes entertainment from world-renowned acts, with this year's headlining artist Lana Del Rey making an appearance, and acts such as Travis Scott, Marshmello, and The Killers featuring throughout the four nights.
On top of this, VIP ticket holders can expect to find pulsing nightclubs dotted around Yas Marina as well as a range of private yacht parties where guests will mingle amongst some of the world's elite players and high-rollers.
Related Event Guides
Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Track Guide Familiarise yourself with all twists and turns of the Yas Marina F1 Racing Circuit ahead of your arrival in Abu Dhabi.
Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Yacht hospitality Guide If you choose not to charter a yacht privately during the F1 race weekend, you can still secure yourself a spot at the h ...
Why charter a Private Yacht for the Grand Prix The Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix track was designed around the Yas Marina, so that a lucky few could watch the ra ...
- In pictures: Inside Abeking & Rasmussen M/Y EXCELLENCEHer award-winning, spaceship-style exteriors have been the subject of much acclaim, but her interiors have been kept cl...
- Where are the brand new yachts of 2019 chartering this winter?Whether you’re looking to ring in the New Year in St Barts or explore the turquoise oasis of the Indian Ocean by yacht,...
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.