After soaking up the star-studded allure of the 11-day Cannes Film Festival, which drew to a close on Saturday, the superyacht set will now gather in the glittering principality of Monaco for a thrilling weekend of motor car racing, glitz and glamour, and star-studded parties.
Practice sessions one and two both take place on Thursday, while qualifying gets underway at 14.00 on Saturday before the main race kicks off on Sunday at 15.10.
Lewis Hamilton holds a 17-point lead at the top of the Drivers’ Championship heading into this year’s sixth-round and he will be looking to make it a hat-trick of wins for the 2018 F1 season.
The British driver, who has adopted Monaco as his home, appears to be in fine form after he dominated the Spanish Grand Prix in Barcelona a few weeks ago. But, he will be up against last year’s winner Sebastian Vettel, who is seeking to get his title bid back on track.
If Hamilton clinches the victory, it will be his third win in Monaco and he will equal his old Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg’s record, as well of that of Sir Stirling Moss and Sir Jackie Stewart. Yet, he will still be three wins behind his childhood hero Ayrton Seanna.
The superyacht set will now gather in the glittering principality of Monaco for a thrilling weekend of motor car racing and star-studded parties
The finest way to take in the action is as part of a Monaco Grand Prix yacht charter. Those lucky enough to secure a Zone A trackside berth will be able to feel the vibrations and hear the roar of engines as the world-class drivers speed by, as well as immerse themselves in the electric atmosphere.
Competition for these coveted berths in Port Hercules is fierce and they must be booked well ahead of time. But, it is also possible to anchor off the coast of Monaco and take the tender ashore to catch the racing. As some spectacular yachts still have availability this weekend, there’s still time to arrange such a charter.
Another mainstay of the prestigious event is the lavish post-race parties. As always, once the racing concludes, superyacht parties will be in full swing, attracting a VIP guest list of racing car drivers, A-list celebrities, models and other big names and famous faces.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...