Superyacht ‘Ocean Emerald’ Receives First Thailand Charter License at Launch of Thailand Yacht Show
A glitzy launch party took place on board Rodriquez Yachts build Ocean Emerald in Bangkok on 16 September 2015. The event gathered stakeholders including the Deputy Minister of Transport, Mr. Omsin Chivapruek and an array of VIP guests to hear host, Deputy Prime Minister, General Thanasak Patimaprakorn’s hopes for the transformation of Thailand into a ‘superyacht hub.’
The Deputy Prime Minister spoke about a ‘framework’ for growing Thailand’s superyacht tourism, saying “Before embarking on this major yacht show to invite the local and international boating industry to promote Thailand as a yachting destination, we decided to create a national framework which would attract more yachts to visit and stay in Thailand. This includes the change in superyacht charter regulations, more yachting friendly immigration and customs rules, introduction of new locations for marina and investment promotion packages for marina."
The Thailand Yacht Show will take place from 11 to 14 February in official partnership with the Thai Government, an initiative encouraged by the country’s Prime Minister. The show will be accompanied by a host of sailing and watersports activities over 7 days, from 8 to 14 February, in and around Ao Po Grand Marina.
Speaking at the opening of the event, organiser Andy Treadwell, “I am absolutely delighted that, thanks to the initiative of the Prime Minister himself, and the tremendous proactivity of the Minister of Transport and the Director General of the Marine Department in particular, we have recently been able to announce the new charter license for foreign-flagged superyachts. As a result, we are today able to launch a truly international yacht show for Thailand.”
The first recipient of Thailand’s new charter licence – allowing foreign flagged luxury yachts measuring over 30 metres to conduct charter operations in the country – was the uniquely designed superyacht Ocean Emerald, moored at the Port of Bangkok.
The yacht was newly refitted earlier this year, ensuring her minimalist furnishings and modern amenities are in excellent condition for entering the Thailand charter market. Ocean Emerald will be based in Phuket for the winter season, and will be available for charter in the gulf of Thailand at either Pattaya or Koh Samui and in Phuket from early December 2015 onward.
Thailand are also currently working on the easy acquisition of visas of 12 months (increased from 30 days) for charter crews, and have announced plans for a $150 million (£95 million) investment in the Royal Phuket Marina, as part of its efforts to make Thailand a more popular option for superyacht charterers.
we decided to create a national framework which would attract more yachts to visit and stay in Thailand.
More Yacht Information
Ocean Emerald Yacht For Charter
41m Rodriquez Yachts, 2006 / 2015
- M/Y HARMONYA Now Available For CharterOriginally built by the Benetti Sail Division in 2005 and refit to an incredibly high standard in 2010, the 29m/94ft mo...
- S/Y ALEXA Opens for Charters for Two in IndonesiaThe 31m/102ft sailing yacht ALEXA is a one-cabin phinisi offering romantic adventures for two in the magnificent archip...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- M/Y SERENITY Joins the Global Charter FleetThe 41m/133ft superyacht SERENITY is now available for charter in the Bahamas and Caribbean following her launch from C...
- Feadship M/Y AQUARIUS Opens for CharterFollowing her sensational launch last September, the 92m/302ft motor yacht AQUARIUS from Feadship has now become availa...