Superyacht AQUILA undergoing extensive refit and auctions existing interior
The 280ft /85m custom motor yacht AQUILA that was built in 2010 by Derecktor Shipyards is currently at Pendennis Shipyard in Falmouth, Cornwall undergoing a refit whilst elements of its existing interior are up for auction.
The luxury superyacht AQUILA will be going on display in Falmouth, ahead of an auction at a Penzance auction house on Tuesday 25th August.
Various items from the superyacht's eclectic interior will be sold off through auctioneers David Lay and has been described as having "more than a whiff of Hollywood glamour about it."
The auction, which is quite an unusual one, will feature numerous items of bespoke yacht furniture and other luxurious fittings such as mirrors, chandeliers, lamps and various water toys. The auction house has gone on record to say that "If Burton and Taylor were alive today, this is the sort of vessel they would be swanning around the Med in."
Pictured above is Lot 2004, a fine hardwood open arm easy chair with loose cushions and Lot 2083,a fibreglass imitating ceramic pierced drum seat.
More than 200 lots of nautically themed items are set to be on display to be viewed from 22nd August until 24th August, with the auction taking place at approximately 4.15pm on 25th August.
Pictured above are further lots available, including Lot 2048, a pair of chinoiserie painted and gilt table lamps without shades, Lots 2120-2130, California sustainable plantation-grown teak lounge chairs from the Picket range, with loose buttones leopard cushions, designed by Kipp Stewart and Lots 2068-2073, California sustainable plantation-grown teak and stainless steel Chaises with striped cushions, designed by John Munford.
It has been rumoured that following the auction and her extensive refit, M/Y Aquila will be ready for charters for the summer of 2016. Destinations and charter rates are currently unknown.
For further information, please contact your preferred yacht charter broker.
More Yacht Information
Aquila Yacht For Charter
86m Derecktor Shipyards, 2010 / 2016
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y PIONEER Offers Two Free Days of CharterOffering guests 9 days charter for the price of 7, the 46m/151ft expedition yacht PIONEER is perfect for exploring the ...
- M/Y ELYSIAN Open For Charter In The CaribbeanFollowing her appearance at the Antigua Charter Yacht Show in December, the 60m/197ft motor yacht ELYSIAN is now availa...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- Greece Maintains Status as a Superyacht Hotspot With a new year now underway, it’s possible to see how Greece continued to maintain its position as one of the prime ya...
- M/Y AXIOMA Drops Rate By €255,000 For WinterOffering a considerable reduction on select dates this spring and autumn, the 72m/236ft motor yacht AXIOMA presents a d...