The deafening clamour of more than ninety charter yachts blaring their horns at 5.30pm on Friday 9th December 2016 marked the end of yacht viewing for this year’s successful edition of the Antigua Charter Yacht Show.
Taking place across the three show locations of Nelson’s Dockyard Marina, Falmouth Harbour Marina and Antigua Yacht Club Marina, the Antigua Charter Show played host to a fine selection of charter yachts and featured a jam-pack social programme.
Brokers and industry professionals flocked to the week-long event, where they were able to explore some of the best yachts on the charter market and, now equipped with insider knowledge, are better primed to match every client to their ideal superyacht.
In addition to opening their doors for viewings and tours, the attending yachts also ran broker lunches and dinners, themed parties and unique experiences such as fitness sessions to better showcase what they can offer guests on a charter vacation.
For example, the 72m/236ft superyacht AXIOMA from Dunya Yachts threw a fantastic Cuba-themed party on Friday night, whereas Baglietto’s 54m/177ft superyacht MISCHIEF ran an early morning yoga session, led by resident instructor Amy.
Among the must-see yachts at the show was the 88m/289ft sailing yacht ‘Maltese Falcon’ from Perini Navi. Indeed, her three self-standing, rotating masts were impossible to miss soaring skywards in the Falmouth Harbour Marina.
Brokers and industry professionals flocked to the week-long event, where they were able to explore some of the best yachts on the charter market
Other happenings at the show included the 17th edition of the Chefs Culinary Contest, where competing chefs had to impress the judges by creating a three course Caribbean surf and turf luncheon with a tropical fruit dessert.
Judging by five experts in the industry took place in three categories, depending on the size of the chef’s yacht, and the winners were revealed in a prize-giving ceremony and champagne reception at the Admirals Inn, Nelson’s Dockyard.
A tablescaping competition for stewards and stewardesses took place along the culinary competition, and winners for both contests will be unveiled in another YachtCharterFleet article.
Destination seminars were another feature of the show, where expert-led sessions took a closer look at chartering in destinations such as the Mekong and Amazon Rivers, Norway, Myanmar, Komodo and Raja Ampat.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...