The Phuket International Boat Show (PIMEX) has secured its home for the next five years by signing a Host Venue agreement with Royal Phuket Marina (RPM).
The award-winning five star marina and luxury yacht charter destination is located on the east coast of Phuket and will play host to PIMEX for at least the next five years, thanks to this new agreement. With the dates for the 2014 edition of the show having recently been announced as moving to the 9th-12th January, the yacht show organisers are laying strong foundations for the yacht show for the next decade.
Andy Dowden, the show Director, commened, “The 2013 Phuket International Boat Show was the 10th Anniversary edition and over the last decade the event has seen continued growth and is the undisputed leading consumer boat show in Asia. We are now looking forward to delivering another decade of success for the regional marine industry, and are very happy to announce the signing of a five-year agreement with current home and Official Host Venue going forward, Royal Phuket Marina.”
Launched in 2003, the Phuket Boat Show has grown to become one of the top yacht shows in the region. Today, yachting brands such as Sunseeker, Ferretti, Pershing, Princess, Nautor's Swan and many more, together with luxury brands such as Jaguar, Maserati, Land Rover and Lexus showcase annually at PIMEX.
PIMEX 2014 will be run from 9th to 12th January and wll have more than 60 yachts on display in the water, making it the largest show of its kind in Asia.
The Official Host Venue and now home of the Phuket International Boat Show for the next five years, is Royal Phuket Marina. As the only 5 Golden Anchor Award marina in Thailand, it has berthing for 100 yachts up to 35m long and is surrounded by luxurious, contemporary villas. This setting is complemented by fine dining, a patisserie, a private members Health Club and plentiful shopping situated along the boardwalk.
Gulu Lalvani, Chairman of Royal Phuket Marina, commented on the new agreement, saying, “We have been the home of PIMEX since the opening of Royal Phuket Marina in 2005 and are very excited to sign a five-year Host Venue agreement and to enter this new era with the organsiers...We recognise the importance of PIMEX to the regional marine and lifestyle industry. It is firmly established as a key marine event in the global calendar, attracting interested buyers from all over the world each year...”
A stunning range of luxury yachts will be on display at the Phuket Boat Show 2014 alongside marine equipment, luxury cars and some of the most exquisite properties on the Island, against a backdrop of cocktail parties and VIP functions held over the four days of the show.
RPM and PIMEX have the same goals; to help promote Phuket and the marine industry and marine leisure lifestyle, and together we have helped make Phuket the undisputed cruising capital of Asia. We look forward to working closely with the organisers for the next five years and beyond - Gulu Lalvani
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charter in MayAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- Sneak preview inside brand new charter yacht O’MATHILDENow only a couple of months from completion, a number of exciting renderings have been published to illustrate the fasc...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Popular Marinas Reopen In The CaribbeanIn yet more good news for the Caribbean, it was revealed today that key marinas in the Virgin Islands and St Martin hav...