Following recent developments in Thailand’s charter rules, the Royal Phuket Marina has now announced plans for a five-year $150 million (five million baht) investment to boost the country’s status as a leading charter destination.
Alongside a marina expansion, development of hotels, luxury homes and water facilities are planned additions to Royal Phuket Marina in a bid to make it the destination of choice for those on luxury yacht charters in South East Asia.
As part of the change, the marina will offer Thailand’s first dry stack system, a state-of-the-art facility that can allow yacht owners and charterers to store vessels under cover from the elements. It will also grow to providing berths for 250 yachts, and offer a concierge service at all hours of the day.
Speaking on the investment, the Royal Phuket Marina’s chairman, Gulu Lalvani commented, “The Five Billion Baht planned investment over the next five years is part of my vision to make Royal Phuket Marina an iconic waterfront lifestyle destination.”
He added that he hopes that marina will thrive as ‘a destination that will support Phuket tourism attracting visitors from around the world.
The news follows the Thai governments announcement on 19 June that new 12-month charter permits will become available for superyachts over 30 metres (with a full hull third-party liability insurance and a maximum 12-guest capacity) from the Ministry of Transport as soon as next month. Immigration legislation extending the amount of time crews can stay in Thailand beyond a month is expected to follow.
Thailand is clearly investing heavily in its superyacht industry, the benefits of which will be seen in numbers applying for charter licenses and visiting the country in its prime season, from November to April of this year.
To find out more about planning a vacation here, please contact the yacht charter broker of your choice.
Or browse all vessels available for a Thailand luxury yacht charter to explore options.
make Royal Phuket Marina an iconic waterfront lifestyle destination
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...