Palma Superyacht Show 2015 Opens
This year's Palma Superyacht Show was officially opening by the President of the Balearic Government, Jose Ramón Bauzá, yesterday, as he inaugurated the 32nd edition of the International Boat Show Palma.
Held in partnership with MYBA, the show's exhibition of an array of charter and brokerage yachts over the 24 metre mark signals the opening of the summer season. Noteworthy attendees for charter on display include 52m/170ft award-winning Alloy sailing yacht MONDANGO and 50m/162ft Van der Graaf classic yacht ELEONORA.
A busy schedule of events, including cocktails on Friday 1 May and a show party on Saturday 2 May, will accompany yacht inspections during the show, which runs until 4 May.
This year will see more berths and stands on display than ever before, with Mallorca and the Balearic's status as a superyacht hotspot growing in recent years as the number of vessels acquiring a charter licences rapidly increases (following recent changes to the tax matriculation law).
Speaking on the International Boat Show Palma, Jose Ramón Bauzá commented that its sucess is due to the fact the show "changed with the times and what is more important, with the needs of this industry."
Of the 200 exhibitors present this year, 75-percent are repeat visitors, which the President attributed as because people "trust the event."
The event is expected to attract approximately 4,000 more people this year, with 40,000 expected over the 5-day event - it closes on 4 May.
Or browse all vessels available for a Balearics luxury yacht charter to plan a vacation here.
Noteworthy attendees... include 52m/170ft award-winning Alloy sailing yacht MONDANGO and 50m/162ft Van der Graaf classic yacht ELEONORA.
CHARTER YACHTS ATTENDING THE PALMA SUPERYACHT SHOW:
Q Yacht For Charter
52m Alloy Yachts, 2008 / 2014
Eleonora Yacht For Charter
50m Van der Graaf, 2000 / 2008
Alexa Yacht For Charter
38m Y.B.M., 1992 / 2013
Alcor Yacht For Charter
35m Heesen, 2000
Benita Blue Yacht For Charter
34m Evolution Yachts, 2005 / 2007
Nefertiti Yacht For Charter
28m Nautor's Swan, 2010
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y PIONEER Offers Two Free Days of CharterOffering guests 9 days charter for the price of 7, the 46m/151ft expedition yacht PIONEER is perfect for exploring the ...
- M/Y ELYSIAN Open For Charter In The CaribbeanFollowing her appearance at the Antigua Charter Yacht Show in December, the 60m/197ft motor yacht ELYSIAN is now availa...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- Greece Maintains Status as a Superyacht Hotspot With a new year now underway, it’s possible to see how Greece continued to maintain its position as one of the prime ya...
- M/Y AXIOMA Drops Rate By €255,000 For WinterOffering a considerable reduction on select dates this spring and autumn, the 72m/236ft motor yacht AXIOMA presents a d...