One of the largest yachts on the global charter fleet, Indian Empress will be unmissable lined up in Barcelona’s OneOcean Port Vell for the MYBA Charter Show - one of the most important international exhibitions dedicated to charter professionals and superyachts.
Launched by Oceanco in 2000, the motor yacht underwent an extensive £5 million refit in 2015 and many show-goers will be planning to step aboard to discover her new look. The bulk of her transformation centred on her interior and was overseen by UK firm Mark Berryman Design.
Her expansive guest areas, spread across four decks, now boast a contemporary, brighter atmosphere, with contrasting woods of limed oak and walnut, pale neutral colours, and impressive pieces of art from the likes of Picasso and Husain.
Highlights include a sparkling piano in the sociable main salon, a separate dining salon capable of seating 24 guests, a cigar room, cinema and cosy library snug. There are also state-of-the-art spa facilities, including a gymnasium, steam room and sauna.
Luxury yacht Indian Empress is capable of sleeping 12 guests in 17 staterooms, including a master suite which stretches across one whole deck, a large VIP suite, six double cabins on the main deck and five twin cabins on the lower deck.
The exterior spaces on board continue to impress, particularly the huge aft terrace of the bridge deck. Here, an unprecedented 500 guests can be served cocktails and canapes as part of a corporate yacht charter or when celebrating a special occasion with family and friends.
There is also a whole host of more intimate areas for sunbathing, lounging and dining alfresco with loved ones. What’s more, the yacht is an approved RYA training centre, meaning guests have even more ways to explore their cruising grounds on a private yacht charter.
An industry-only event, the MYBA show enables brokers to step aboard the superyachts in attendance in order to report back to their clients, and provides a varied programme of chef competitions, cocktail parties, yacht hops and an exhibition area for charter-related companies.
After the show, she will be available for charter in the Mediterranean for the summer season.
Indian Empress underwent an extensive £5 million refit in 2015, and many show-goers will be planning to step aboard to discover her new look
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...