When the Monaco Yacht Show opens its doors today DAR will make her global debut, but she has already impressed industry insiders as reflected by her double win at last night’s awards ceremony.
‘The MYS finest new superyacht award’ is given to the yacht that meets the refinement criteria for both its interior and exterior design and its sustainable innovations or development.
Delivered to her owner just a few months ago, the Oceanco build clearly stands out for her exceptional build quality, technological advances, the sophisticated interior design from Nuvolari Lenard and the revolutionary exterior styling from Luiz de Basto.
The naval architect ensured DAR’s profile remained long, lean and sporty despite her huge volume. Combine her good looks with the cutting-edge use of glazing across the superstructure, and it’s no surprise the motor yacht also triumphed in the exterior design category.
The Oceanco build clearly stands out for her exceptional build quality, technological advances and sophisticated interior design.
Speaking about his work designing superyacht DAR, Luiz de Basto said; "My initial drawings may have looked like a futuristic concept, but it's actually the result of a perfect integration between interior layout and exterior design. She is now a very real yacht on account of the execution made possible by the advanced technology of the Oceanco engineering team and by the vision of her experienced owner and his team."
He went on to add, "The awards received by Dar following her recent launch makes my team, myself and the Oceanco team very proud. We are very glad the owner and his family are happy and enjoying the new yacht to the fullest."
DAR was not the only yacht to catch the judges’ attention, however. Other winners included the 88m/291ft superyacht ‘Illusion Plus’, which took home the best interior design award, and the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO, which was recognised for her eco-friendly features.
The interior styling aboard Pride Mega Yachts’ Illusion Plus was headed up by Sinot Exclusive Yacht Design and renderings reveal a contemporary, oriental-inspired theme.
Other winners included the 88m/291ft superyacht ‘Illusion Plus' and the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO
SOLO from Tankoa Yachts, meanwhile, was rewarded for being the superyacht which best complies with a series of performance specifications as defined by the Italian classification company RINA.
Now in their fifth year, the MYS Superyacht Awards distinguish the greatest luxury yachts that will make their world debut at the Monaco Yacht Show. Trophies were awarded last night during a glitzy gala event which, attended by 400 privileged guests and the yachting social elite, launched the four-day show in unrivalled style.
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- Which yacht stars in the TV series 'Succession'?The 279ft (85m) charter yacht SOLANDGE is the yacht in HBO’s Succession. Hitting TV screens in 2019, the season finale ...
- 82m superyacht RoMea to charter in the Maldives this winterVenture to the lesser-explored Maldives this winter and discover a slice of paradise on board the 82m/ 268ft motor yach...
- First look inside brand new charter yacht SOARINGDue to launch later this year from Abeking & Rasmussen, the first renderings of the 68m/ 223ft motor yacht SOARING have...
- Superyacht KISMET gets blown up in '6 Underground' movieStarring in the biggest Netflix movie to date, Lurssen’s 95m/ 312ft motor yacht KISMET plays a central role in new Mich...
- Wanderlust: Destinations worth waiting for Travel restrictions may be in place right now due to COVID-19, to but that isn’t stopping us planning ahead and looking...