When the Monaco Yacht Show opens its doors today DAR will make her global debut, but she has already impressed industry insiders as reflected by her double win at last night’s awards ceremony.
‘The MYS finest new superyacht award’ is given to the yacht that meets the refinement criteria for both its interior and exterior design and its sustainable innovations or development.
Delivered to her owner just a few months ago, the Oceanco build clearly stands out for her exceptional build quality, technological advances, the sophisticated interior design from Nuvolari Lenard and the revolutionary exterior styling from Luiz de Basto.
The naval architect ensured DAR’s profile remained long, lean and sporty despite her huge volume. Combine her good looks with the cutting-edge use of glazing across the superstructure, and it’s no surprise the motor yacht also triumphed in the exterior design category.
The Oceanco build clearly stands out for her exceptional build quality, technological advances and sophisticated interior design.
Speaking about his work designing superyacht DAR, Luiz de Basto said; "My initial drawings may have looked like a futuristic concept, but it's actually the result of a perfect integration between interior layout and exterior design. She is now a very real yacht on account of the execution made possible by the advanced technology of the Oceanco engineering team and by the vision of her experienced owner and his team."
He went on to add, "The awards received by Dar following her recent launch makes my team, myself and the Oceanco team very proud. We are very glad the owner and his family are happy and enjoying the new yacht to the fullest."
DAR was not the only yacht to catch the judges’ attention, however. Other winners included the 88m/291ft superyacht ‘Illusion Plus’, which took home the best interior design award, and the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO, which was recognised for her eco-friendly features.
The interior styling aboard Pride Mega Yachts’ Illusion Plus was headed up by Sinot Exclusive Yacht Design and renderings reveal a contemporary, oriental-inspired theme.
Other winners included the 88m/291ft superyacht ‘Illusion Plus' and the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO
SOLO from Tankoa Yachts, meanwhile, was rewarded for being the superyacht which best complies with a series of performance specifications as defined by the Italian classification company RINA.
Now in their fifth year, the MYS Superyacht Awards distinguish the greatest luxury yachts that will make their world debut at the Monaco Yacht Show. Trophies were awarded last night during a glitzy gala event which, attended by 400 privileged guests and the yachting social elite, launched the four-day show in unrivalled style.
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- VIDEO: Feadship transports 93m charter yacht ‘Lady S’ In a recent video, Feadship gives viewers a behind-the-scenes glimpse into how they moved their 93m/ 305ft megayacht ‘L...
- M/Y ‘Christina O’ available to charter at a reduced rate in the MediterraneanExplore Mediterranean hotspots such as the South of France and the Italian Riviera at a reduced rate on board one of th...
- Passenger yachts now allowed to anchor in Spain Yachts carrying more than 12 passengers will now be allowed to anchor in the waters of Spain, signalling a huge win for...
- The best brand-new superyachts for charter in 2019Be among the first to step on board a brand new superyacht with our round-up of the best recently-delivered yachts avai...
- Tahiti yacht charters available at a reduced price with 60m M/Y DREAMCruise around Tahiti and the rest of French Polynesia at a discounted rate on board the 60m/197ft multi-award-winning m...