Emaar Properties has announced plans to build 10 million square feet of new residences and a new hotel project at Dubai Harbour, a major new waterfront development unveiled in January.
The new project will make up about half of the Dubai Harbour development which, led by Meraas Holdings, will include a 1,400-berth marina, a 135-metre-tall Dubai Lighthouse and a cruise liner terminal capable of handling 6,000 passengers.
Operated by Address Hotels + Resorts, the hospitality project will include an extensive array of luxurious amenities, restaurants and leisure and wellness facilities.
The residential neighbourhood, meanwhile, will take the form of a series of elegantly designed high-rise apartments and, alongside the new hotel development, will benefit from a spectacular waterfront location in the harbour between Jumeirah Beach Residence and Palm Jumeirah.
His Excellency Abdulla Al Habbai, Group Chairman of Meraas, said: ‘Developments such as Dubai Harbour are central to our efforts to define Dubai as a preferred place to live, work and visit and include several unique features that will create incremental value for the local economy and drive growth in the maritime tourism sector.’
Mohamed Alabbar, Chairman of Emaar Properties, said: ‘Developing our share of land in Dubai Harbour, an iconic luxury waterfront destination, to create world-class residences and hospitality projects will add to our portfolio of prime developments in spectacular locations in Dubai.
With its array of maritime-oriented lifestyle and leisure attractions, Dubai Harbour will be one of the vibrant leisure and tourism hubs of the city.’
With its array of maritime-oriented lifestyle and leisure attractions, Dubai Harbour will be one of the vibrant leisure and tourism hubs of the city
Emaar’s plots of land on Dubai Harbour are ideally suited to develop a stylish community, with the homes as well as the hotel project offering direct beachfront access.
The new neighbourhood will also be integrated within a masterplan that includes Sky Dive Dubai, Dubai International Marine Club and Logo Island under Dubai Harbour.
Emaar has not revealed when construction will begin, but the overall Dubai Harbour project will be developed in several phases and is expected to take four years to build once work starts.
Once completed, the marina will be able to accommodate superyachts measuring up to 85 metres in length.
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- First look inside brand new 85m M/Y O’PTASIABrand new and available to charter in Greece, the 85m/279ft motor yacht O’PTASIA has released some fresh images of the ...