The new marina, located in Italy, is a sister marina to Port Hercules and is expected to be completed by the end of December.
Situated on the French-Italian border in the seaside city of Ventimiglia, the brand new Cala del Forte marina will be able to host 178 yachts with a maximum length of 70m.
The exclusive marina is less than eight miles from the superyacht hub of Monaco, and it is hoped it will ease some of the demand for berths in Port Hercules.
Thanks to its close proximity to many desirable yacht charter destinations, Cala del Forte will make yacht charters in the French Riviera even easier.
Cala de Forte was bought by Monaco Ports in 2016, making it a sister marina to Port Hercules and Fontvieille. Yacht-goers can expect the same sterling service, security and well-equipped facilities as the Monegasque ports.
Building work is expected to be ready to open by the end of 2019. So far, 82% of the maritime works and 28% of the shoreside construction has been completed.
The on-land facilities include two shopping zones with 39 shops, as well as access to 15,000 square metres of gardens.
The port is located just 25 nautical miles from Antibes and 35 nautical miles from Cannes.
The marina itself will offes around-the-clock mooring assistance and security, as well as storage facilities adjacent to the berths and a delivery and transportation service.
By sea, the port is located just 25 nautical miles from Antibes and 35 nautical miles from Cannes. Those chartering a yacht will also be able to access Italian hotspots such as Portofino, just 77 nautical miles away, and Sardinia's Costa Smeralda, just 207 nautical miles away.
The sheltered location of Cala del Forte is expected to be another draw. In October 2018, the major storm that rocked the Ligurian coast tested the strength of the marina’s existing infrastructure, but the marina reported no damage whatsoever.
This great new port is expected to become highly in-demand. For charter guests, it means that you will be able to access more Mediterranean yacht charter destination with increased flexibility and ease.
- In pictures: Inside Abeking & Rasmussen M/Y EXCELLENCEHer award-winning, spaceship-style exteriors have been the subject of much acclaim, but her interiors have been kept cl...
- Where are the brand new yachts of 2019 chartering this winter?Whether you’re looking to ring in the New Year in St Barts or explore the turquoise oasis of the Indian Ocean by yacht,...
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.