The Adriatic hotspot of Croatia has reportedly enjoyed recent growth in charter activity, largely thanks increased familiarity with the country’s VAT laws and its cruising areas of outstanding natural beauty.
Offering more than 1,500 gulf and ports surrounded by locations of natural beauty, nestled with historical landmarks away from large crowds, Croatia is increasingly becoming the Mediterranean cruising ground of choice for charterers.
A significant reason behind the influx in activity is greater understanding and acceptance of a new VAT rate, introduced last year. The rate was set at 13% for yacht charters beginning in Croatia, with charter open to both Croatian and EU-flagged superyachts, with “third country flagged” yachts (over 40m) needing to obtain a charter license.
Speaking on the change, Dorijan Dujmic from a local marine services agency commented, ““There used to be fear in regards to regulations and authorities, but now, people have understood that they just have to pay VAT on the charters and do not see this as a big issue. They just need to register and fill out the paperwork and that is the reason why we have increased charter activity in Croatia.”
There is positive amongst members of the Croatian yachting industry that the future will only get brighter, thanks to word of mouth recommendations about the country and new marina developments such as Marina and Šibenik.
A Croatia luxury yacht charter offers a delightful blend of historal landmarks, quaint villages and privacy.
For more details about planning a vacation here, please contact your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take the time to browse all superyachts available for charter in Croatia.
A significant reason behind the influx in activity is greater understanding and acceptance of a new VAT rate
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charterAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- Sneak preview inside brand new M/Y O’MATHILDENow only a couple of months from completion, a number of exciting renderings have been published to illustrate the fasc...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Popular Marinas Reopen In The CaribbeanIn yet more good news for the Caribbean, it was revealed today that key marinas in the Virgin Islands and St Martin hav...