The Adriatic hotspot of Croatia has reportedly enjoyed recent growth in charter activity, largely thanks increased familiarity with the country’s VAT laws and its cruising areas of outstanding natural beauty.
Offering more than 1,500 gulf and ports surrounded by locations of natural beauty, nestled with historical landmarks away from large crowds, Croatia is increasingly becoming the Mediterranean cruising ground of choice for charterers.
A significant reason behind the influx in activity is greater understanding and acceptance of a new VAT rate, introduced last year. The rate was set at 13% for yacht charters beginning in Croatia, with charter open to both Croatian and EU-flagged superyachts, with “third country flagged” yachts (over 40m) needing to obtain a charter license.
Speaking on the change, Dorijan Dujmic from a local marine services agency commented, ““There used to be fear in regards to regulations and authorities, but now, people have understood that they just have to pay VAT on the charters and do not see this as a big issue. They just need to register and fill out the paperwork and that is the reason why we have increased charter activity in Croatia.”
There is positive amongst members of the Croatian yachting industry that the future will only get brighter, thanks to word of mouth recommendations about the country and new marina developments such as Marina and Šibenik.
A Croatia luxury yacht charter offers a delightful blend of historal landmarks, quaint villages and privacy.
For more details about planning a vacation here, please contact your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take the time to browse all superyachts available for charter in Croatia.
A significant reason behind the influx in activity is greater understanding and acceptance of a new VAT rate
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- BEST PHOTOS: Monaco Yacht Show 2018YachtCharterFleet has handpicked the best photos from more than 6,000 Instagram posts to help you get straight to the h...
- First look inside brand new 85m M/Y O’PTASIABrand new and available to charter in Greece, the 85m/279ft motor yacht O’PTASIA has released some fresh images of the ...
- Feadship M/Y JOY now available for Caribbean yacht charterMaking her Caribbean debut, the magnificent 70m/230ft motor yacht JOY is now open to enquiries for luxury yacht charter...