Although only 281 kilometres squared, the Caribbean island of Antigua offers plenty of activities to try this summer.
For sun-seekers, your luxury yacht charter vacation doesn’t have to centre around lying on the sun deck and sunning yourself by the Jacuzzi. There are a number of fabulous sun-based activities to choose from in Antigua, from sailing, snorkelling and deep sea fishing to swimming with stingrays and golf.
The Caribbean is one of the best places to learn how to sail. The relatively calm waters and breezy trade winds combine perfectly with the stunning scenery and tropical weather, creating wonderful sailing conditions. It is the perfect place for both advanced and beginner sailors. Why not make a mini-break out of it and sail to the nearby islands of Barbuda and Montserrat.
Antigua is surrounded by a number of tropical and colourful coral gardens, many of them accessible from the beach meaning you don’t have to have your diving qualification to explore them. Mainly located around the southern and eastern parts of the island, some of the best reefs to snorkel are Darkwood Beach, Half Moon Bay and Prickly Pear Island. Take to the water and discover sea urchins, brain coral, butterfly fish, conch and sea turtles.
The Caribbean is a fantastic golfing destination with many hotels home to world class courses. Though Antigua may not be the best golfing island in the region, it is home to two very good golf courses - Cedar Valley Golf Club and Jolly Harbour Beach Resort Marina. Both are 18 holes and deliver stunning views of the beautiful island and the sparkling Caribbean Sea.
Take your luxury charter yacht out and try your hand at fishing. Fishing is a very popular activity in Antigua with fly fishing and deep sea fishing available. Here you can catch mahi mahi, wahoo, kingfish, tuna, marlin and barracuda.
Swimming with stingrays
If you really want to get up close and personal to some of Antigua’s wildlife, Stingray City offers a unique experience. Snorkel in the shallow waters and interact with the stingrays, learning from your guide about how to handle, touch and feed them. Make a day of it and join the Stingray City tour where you will be taken out to a sandy lagoon to meet the rays, ending with a relaxing time on the beach with rum punch.
For more informaiton about Caribbean Luxury Yacht Charters and enjoying these actiivies on your yachting vacation or to organise a Leeward Islands itinerary to Antigua, contact your preferred yacht charter broker.
There are a number of fabulous sun-based activities to choose from in Antigua, from sailing, snorkelling and deep sea fishing to swimming with stingrays and golf.
- Heesen M/Y ASYA Joins Mediterranean Charter FleetThe 47m/153ft superyacht ASYA has now joined the global charter fleet, and will be available in Mediterranean hotspots ...
- 5 Top Superyachts Available To Charter At America’s CupTaking place this June, the hotly anticipated America’s Cup is no doubt best enjoyed on board one of the outstanding mo...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y TITANIA Heads to Ibiza for Summer ChartersThe impressive 73m/239ft motor yacht TITANIA is available for charter in Balearics hotspots such as Ibiza and Mallorca ...
- A First Look At The Refit Of Charter Yacht DESTINYRecently returning home to Heesen for an exacting refit, the 37m/122ft motor yacht DESTINY has taken on a brand new you...
- More Charter Yachts Set For Mediterranean Yacht ShowJoining an already outstanding collection of superyachts, three new charter yachts have been confirmed for the Mediterr...