Although only 281 kilometres squared, the Caribbean island of Antigua offers plenty of activities to try this summer.
For sun-seekers, your luxury yacht charter vacation doesn’t have to centre around lying on the sun deck and sunning yourself by the Jacuzzi. There are a number of fabulous sun-based activities to choose from in Antigua, from sailing, snorkelling and deep sea fishing to swimming with stingrays and golf.
The Caribbean is one of the best places to learn how to sail. The relatively calm waters and breezy trade winds combine perfectly with the stunning scenery and tropical weather, creating wonderful sailing conditions. It is the perfect place for both advanced and beginner sailors. Why not make a mini-break out of it and sail to the nearby islands of Barbuda and Montserrat.
Antigua is surrounded by a number of tropical and colourful coral gardens, many of them accessible from the beach meaning you don’t have to have your diving qualification to explore them. Mainly located around the southern and eastern parts of the island, some of the best reefs to snorkel are Darkwood Beach, Half Moon Bay and Prickly Pear Island. Take to the water and discover sea urchins, brain coral, butterfly fish, conch and sea turtles.
The Caribbean is a fantastic golfing destination with many hotels home to world class courses. Though Antigua may not be the best golfing island in the region, it is home to two very good golf courses - Cedar Valley Golf Club and Jolly Harbour Beach Resort Marina. Both are 18 holes and deliver stunning views of the beautiful island and the sparkling Caribbean Sea.
Take your luxury charter yacht out and try your hand at fishing. Fishing is a very popular activity in Antigua with fly fishing and deep sea fishing available. Here you can catch mahi mahi, wahoo, kingfish, tuna, marlin and barracuda.
Swimming with stingrays
If you really want to get up close and personal to some of Antigua’s wildlife, Stingray City offers a unique experience. Snorkel in the shallow waters and interact with the stingrays, learning from your guide about how to handle, touch and feed them. Make a day of it and join the Stingray City tour where you will be taken out to a sandy lagoon to meet the rays, ending with a relaxing time on the beach with rum punch.
For more informaiton about Caribbean Luxury Yacht Charters and enjoying these actiivies on your yachting vacation or to organise a Leeward Islands itinerary to Antigua, contact your preferred yacht charter broker.
There are a number of fabulous sun-based activities to choose from in Antigua, from sailing, snorkelling and deep sea fishing to swimming with stingrays and golf.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...