Luxury Yacht Charter Activities For Sun-Seekers in Antigua
Although only 281 kilometres squared, the Caribbean island of Antigua offers plenty of activities to try this summer.
For sun-seekers, your luxury yacht charter vacation doesn’t have to centre around lying on the sun deck and sunning yourself by the Jacuzzi. There are a number of fabulous sun-based activities to choose from in Antigua, from sailing, snorkelling and deep sea fishing to swimming with stingrays and golf.
The Caribbean is one of the best places to learn how to sail. The relatively calm waters and breezy trade winds combine perfectly with the stunning scenery and tropical weather, creating wonderful sailing conditions. It is the perfect place for both advanced and beginner sailors. Why not make a mini-break out of it and sail to the nearby islands of Barbuda and Montserrat.
Antigua is surrounded by a number of tropical and colourful coral gardens, many of them accessible from the beach meaning you don’t have to have your diving qualification to explore them. Mainly located around the southern and eastern parts of the island, some of the best reefs to snorkel are Darkwood Beach, Half Moon Bay and Prickly Pear Island. Take to the water and discover sea urchins, brain coral, butterfly fish, conch and sea turtles.
The Caribbean is a fantastic golfing destination with many hotels home to world class courses. Though Antigua may not be the best golfing island in the region, it is home to two very good golf courses - Cedar Valley Golf Club and Jolly Harbour Beach Resort Marina. Both are 18 holes and deliver stunning views of the beautiful island and the sparkling Caribbean Sea.
Take your luxury charter yacht out and try your hand at fishing. Fishing is a very popular activity in Antigua with fly fishing and deep sea fishing available. Here you can catch mahi mahi, wahoo, kingfish, tuna, marlin and barracuda.
Swimming with stingrays
If you really want to get up close and personal to some of Antigua’s wildlife, Stingray City offers a unique experience. Snorkel in the shallow waters and interact with the stingrays, learning from your guide about how to handle, touch and feed them. Make a day of it and join the Stingray City tour where you will be taken out to a sandy lagoon to meet the rays, ending with a relaxing time on the beach with rum punch.
For more informaiton about Caribbean Luxury Yacht Charters and enjoying these actiivies on your yachting vacation or to organise a Leeward Islands itinerary to Antigua, contact your preferred yacht charter broker.
There are a number of fabulous sun-based activities to choose from in Antigua, from sailing, snorkelling and deep sea fishing to swimming with stingrays and golf.
- S/Y ALEXA Opens for Charters for Two in IndonesiaThe 31m/102ft sailing yacht ALEXA is a one-cabin phinisi offering romantic adventures for two in the magnificent archip...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- M/Y HARMONYA Now Available For CharterOriginally built by the Benetti Sail Division in 2005 and refit to an incredibly high standard in 2010, the 29m/94ft mo...
- M/Y SERENITY Joins the Global Charter FleetThe 41m/133ft superyacht SERENITY is now available for charter in the Bahamas and Caribbean following her launch from C...
- Feadship M/Y AQUARIUS Opens for CharterFollowing her sensational launch last September, the 92m/302ft motor yacht AQUARIUS from Feadship has now become availa...