Although only 281 kilometres squared, the Caribbean island of Antigua offers plenty of activities to try this summer.
For sun-seekers, your luxury yacht charter vacation doesn’t have to centre around lying on the sun deck and sunning yourself by the Jacuzzi. There are a number of fabulous sun-based activities to choose from in Antigua, from sailing, snorkelling and deep sea fishing to swimming with stingrays and golf.
The Caribbean is one of the best places to learn how to sail. The relatively calm waters and breezy trade winds combine perfectly with the stunning scenery and tropical weather, creating wonderful sailing conditions. It is the perfect place for both advanced and beginner sailors. Why not make a mini-break out of it and sail to the nearby islands of Barbuda and Montserrat.
Antigua is surrounded by a number of tropical and colourful coral gardens, many of them accessible from the beach meaning you don’t have to have your diving qualification to explore them. Mainly located around the southern and eastern parts of the island, some of the best reefs to snorkel are Darkwood Beach, Half Moon Bay and Prickly Pear Island. Take to the water and discover sea urchins, brain coral, butterfly fish, conch and sea turtles.
The Caribbean is a fantastic golfing destination with many hotels home to world class courses. Though Antigua may not be the best golfing island in the region, it is home to two very good golf courses - Cedar Valley Golf Club and Jolly Harbour Beach Resort Marina. Both are 18 holes and deliver stunning views of the beautiful island and the sparkling Caribbean Sea.
Take your luxury charter yacht out and try your hand at fishing. Fishing is a very popular activity in Antigua with fly fishing and deep sea fishing available. Here you can catch mahi mahi, wahoo, kingfish, tuna, marlin and barracuda.
Swimming with stingrays
If you really want to get up close and personal to some of Antigua’s wildlife, Stingray City offers a unique experience. Snorkel in the shallow waters and interact with the stingrays, learning from your guide about how to handle, touch and feed them. Make a day of it and join the Stingray City tour where you will be taken out to a sandy lagoon to meet the rays, ending with a relaxing time on the beach with rum punch.
For more informaiton about Caribbean Luxury Yacht Charters and enjoying these actiivies on your yachting vacation or to organise a Leeward Islands itinerary to Antigua, contact your preferred yacht charter broker.
There are a number of fabulous sun-based activities to choose from in Antigua, from sailing, snorkelling and deep sea fishing to swimming with stingrays and golf.
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charterAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Blue Planet TV series superyacht ALUCIA now available to charterCausing a sensation when she appeared on the second season of the hit BBC series Blue Planet in winter, the 56m/183ft e...
- Inside Below Deck Mediterranean Season 3 M/Y ‘Talisman Maiton’Premiering on Bravo TV on 15th May, Below Deck Mediterranean Season 3 will see Captain Sandy Yawn and a cast of familia...