Preparations for the 16th edition of the Asia Superyacht Rendezvous have now begun, with Dunia Baru lined up to host an evening of entertainment before two days of friendly racing gets underway in the glittering waters of Phuket.
Bringing together Asia’s yachting community, the event also welcomes an impressive fleet of international superyachts and, as always, the motor yachts in attendance will mark out the race course for competing sailing yachts.
Rendezvous organisers Gordon Fernandes and Captain Charlie Dwyer said: “We are very excited that Dunia Baru has agreed to be the host for this year’s Asia Superyacht Rendezvous opening cocktail party. All phinisi yachts offer guests an unrivalled experience due to the space and charm of their traditional build, but the stunning Phinisi-style Dunia Baru takes this to the next level.”
Mark Robba, Owner of Dunia Baru, said: “This will be Dunia Baru’s first time participating in the Asia Superyacht Rendezvous and I am really excited that we will be hosting the opening cocktail party on board. The cruising grounds around South East Asia are a superyacht Owner’s dream and Phuket is a wonderful place for such a prestigious global gathering of superyachts, their Owners, VIP guests and crews.”
Delivered in 2013, superyacht Dunia Baru is the finest yacht to ever be built in Indonesia. Although traditional in style and constructed entirely of Indonesian teak and ironwood, her lines have been pioneered by an American architect and she boasts many innovative design features.
For the welcome cocktail party, the yacht will be anchored outside the rendezvous host hotel, SALA Resort & Spa Phuket, and guests will have the opportunity to step aboard and experience her delights.
After the event, she will make her way to Myanmar, where she will be open for charter from December until March 2017.
Phuket is a wonderful place for such a prestigious global gathering of superyachts, their Owners, VIP guests and crews
For further information on the charter yachts attending the rendezvous, please contact your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all luxury yachts available to charter in South East Asia.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed