Preparations for the 16th edition of the Asia Superyacht Rendezvous have now begun, with Dunia Baru lined up to host an evening of entertainment before two days of friendly racing gets underway in the glittering waters of Phuket.
Bringing together Asia’s yachting community, the event also welcomes an impressive fleet of international superyachts and, as always, the motor yachts in attendance will mark out the race course for competing sailing yachts.
Rendezvous organisers Gordon Fernandes and Captain Charlie Dwyer said: “We are very excited that Dunia Baru has agreed to be the host for this year’s Asia Superyacht Rendezvous opening cocktail party. All phinisi yachts offer guests an unrivalled experience due to the space and charm of their traditional build, but the stunning Phinisi-style Dunia Baru takes this to the next level.”
Mark Robba, Owner of Dunia Baru, said: “This will be Dunia Baru’s first time participating in the Asia Superyacht Rendezvous and I am really excited that we will be hosting the opening cocktail party on board. The cruising grounds around South East Asia are a superyacht Owner’s dream and Phuket is a wonderful place for such a prestigious global gathering of superyachts, their Owners, VIP guests and crews.”
Delivered in 2013, superyacht Dunia Baru is the finest yacht to ever be built in Indonesia. Although traditional in style and constructed entirely of Indonesian teak and ironwood, her lines have been pioneered by an American architect and she boasts many innovative design features.
For the welcome cocktail party, the yacht will be anchored outside the rendezvous host hotel, SALA Resort & Spa Phuket, and guests will have the opportunity to step aboard and experience her delights.
After the event, she will make her way to Myanmar, where she will be open for charter from December until March 2017.
Phuket is a wonderful place for such a prestigious global gathering of superyachts, their Owners, VIP guests and crews
For further information on the charter yachts attending the rendezvous, please contact your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all luxury yachts available to charter in South East Asia.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...