The sun is shining down on Fort Lauderdale as day one of FLIBS, the world’s largest in-water boat show, officially commences. One of the highlights of the international yachting calendar, this year's event welcomes more than 1,500 boats and over 1,000 exhibitors across seven different show locations.
Joining the vessels are throngs of industry professionals and boat enthusiasts who have flocked to the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show for five days of touring yachts, attending seminars and mingling with around 100,000 other show-attendees who share a passion for life on the water.
With a refreshing new layout, which has introduced a separate entrance for exhibitors and VIP’s, as well as new culinary treats and a dazzling fleet of superyachts, the 59th edition of the show is already set to impress.
As evidenced in the above pictures, FLIBS is playing host to some of the most exciting launches of the year, including Abeking & Rasmussen’s 75m/244ft superyacht ELANDESS. A truly spectacular motor yacht, she features a Nemo lounge and glass-bottomed spa pool on the sun deck. The editorial team were lucky enough to tour her in Monaco, and are excited to have the opportunity to see her again in Florida.
Sure to impress anyone who steps on board, Heesen's 50m/165ft superyacht SEPTIMUS has also made an appearance at the show. Visitors looking to tour her will have the chance to see the yacht's award-winning interiors up close. Embracing a sleek and contemporary theme, her on-board spaces exude sophistication and style.
Across the show, visitors will find the stands of shipyards and brokerage houses. Models of future launches and concepts are on display for show-attendees to admire, and representatives of shipbuilders are on hand to supply information. The so-called 'Superyacht Avenue' is accommodating yards such as Heesen and Feadship.
Today, the atmosphere is light and jovial, with the opportunity to sample exquisite wines at 2pm and take part in a vodka tasting session at 4pm. Both of these activities are being held in the hall of the Fame Marina. Later in the week, show-goers can expect to attend seminars on topics such as sportfishing and the future of coral reefs.
Tomorrow, attendees should not miss FLIBS’ first Yacht Chef Competition at 6.30pm at Pier 66 Hotel and Marina. The contest will see a selection of chefs from various yachts compete head-to-head for the chance to be crowned Best Yacht Chef. The dishes will follow an elegant beachside barbecue theme and guests will be able to try some exquisite delicacies for themselves while sipping cocktails and watching the action unfold.
A superb selection of superyachts available for luxury yacht charter vacations are also being showcased at this year’s FLIBS. Among them is the 63m/205ft motor yacht ‘Party Girl’, the largest charter yacht in attendance. After the show, she is heading to the Caribbean for the winter season, where guests will be able to make full use of her sea-level gym and expansive beach club.
The 60m/197ft superyacht ‘Excellence V’ follows close behind in terms of size, and her sleek midnight blue hull and crisp cream superstructure are sure to catch the attention of show-goers in Fort Lauderdale. Anyone who steps on board will be able to admire her sundeck Jacuzzi and enormous cinema room for themselves.
- FLYING FOX - World's largest charter yacht revealedIt has been announced that the brand new Lurssen Superyacht FLYING FOX will join the Charter Fleet.
- Tahiti yacht charters available at a reduced price with 60m M/Y DREAMCruise around Tahiti and the rest of French Polynesia at a discounted rate on board the 60m/197ft multi-award-winning m...
- The best brand-new superyachts for charter in 2019Be among the first to step on board a brand new superyacht with our round-up of the best recently-delivered yachts avai...
- M/Y ‘Christina O’ available to charter at a reduced rate in the MediterraneanExplore Mediterranean hotspots such as the South of France and the Italian Riviera at a reduced rate on board one of th...
- VIDEO: Feadship transports 93m charter yacht ‘Lady S’ In a recent video, Feadship gives viewers a behind-the-scenes glimpse into how they moved their 93m/ 305ft megayacht ‘L...
- Discover Belize with Westport M/Y TRENDINGEnjoy a Belize luxury yacht charter this June on board the 50m/165ft superyacht TRENDING from Westport.