The 2015 Antigua Charter Show saw the industry’s most creative chefs competing for a top place in the prestigious Chef Competition, taking place for the 16th edition. This year, chefs were set the challenge of putting a Caribbean twist on a traditional Christmas lunch and Scott served up his winning dish in appropriately elegant style.
Asked to produce three courses, entrants had to impress the judges with their skills in presentation as well as their eye for an imaginative recipe. Whilst the rules strictly prohibited the assistance of a sous chef, contestants were able to select a location onboard which they felt would best complement their efforts. After careful consideration, the judges awarded Scott Dickson the winner of this year’s over 160ft category, praising his uniquely contemporary Caribbean twist.
Born in Scotland, Scott's expertise in food and service emerged from a modest background. Helping in the kitchen of his father’s takeaway restaurant aged just 11, Scott developed a passion which eventually led him to catering college, and later, his first job in a prestigious hotel. After becoming familiar with traditional fine dining, Scott went on to work in various Michelin-star restaurants, expanding his repertoire to include the very best - not to mention most difficult - international dishes. Keen to continue challenging himself, Scott made his way into the world of yachting in 2007.
Currently treating guests to his outstanding dishes on board Heesen's appropriately modern INCEPTION, Scott is able to offer his award winning entries in a highly luxurious setting.
Whilst clearly an expert in which dishes should be served where, guests will have the option of eating al fresco on the huge sun deck, inside in the subtly lit and enormous dining area, or out on the unfolding balcony attached to the VIP suite. As a yacht designed for high-end hosting, Scott’s meals perfectly complement the comfortable and beautifully designed social spaces.
Indeed, with Scott on board, guests won’t have to leave the motor yacht to get an authentic taste of the Caribbean.
For further information on chartering M/Y INCEPTION, please get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all luxury yachts available to charter in the Caribbean.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.