The latest in a series of exciting go-anywhere superyachts, the 110m/361ft custom expedition yacht ‘Project Icecap’ is due to be built by Lurssen and launched inside of three years.
Confirmed to be entering her build phase at Lurssen, superyacht Project Icecap will boast go-anywhere seafaring capabilities as well as spacious accommodation for 20 guests across 10 well-appointed cabins. What’s more, with an interior volume exceeding 6500GT, there’s bound to be many exciting social areas for the owner and his guests to return to following a day of adventure.
Shrouded in secrecy, a great deal of the details pertaining to the expedition yacht remain a mystery. However, an exciting graphic rendering reveals that Project Icecap will feature a helipad and infinity pool on the aft and inverted bow to allow her to effortlessly cruise in extreme terrains.
The latest in a growing trend, Project Icecap shares many similarities with new expedition yachts like the 74m/240ft expedition yacht ‘Planet Nine’. Indeed, the ability to travel to far-flung destinations in comfort is clearly becoming something of a high priority amongst elite travelers and superyacht owners.
What are the benefits of an expedition yacht?
Capable of cruising in arctic conditions and reaching more remote destinations, expedition yachts are able to treat guests to altogether new experiences whilst offering the comfort they expect from modern superyachts.
Often equipped with additional tenders which can be used to reach otherwise inaccessible points of interest, expedition yachts also frequently come with certified helipads to make getting to and from the vessel even more convenient.
Ultimately, by owning or chartering an expedition yacht it is possible to:
- Discover faraway destinations in comfort
- Experience totally isolated cruising grounds
- Be amongst the first to explore fascinating parts of the globe
Allowing owners and guests to enjoy the world’s most far-flung and fascinating destinations in complete comfort, expedition yachts unlock a range of unique experiences
Can you charter expedition yachts?
Popular destinations for expedition yachts include the colder climes of Antarctica and Alaska as well as the more mild and rural cruising grounds of Norway and Greenland. To get some inspiration, be sure to check out our piece on 6 of the best destinations to visit by expedition yacht.
Set to be the world’s largest superyacht when delivered in 2020, the 182m/596ft expedition yacht REV will also be open for charter when she’s not carrying out scientific research.
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- Which yacht stars in the TV series 'Succession'?The 279ft (85m) charter yacht SOLANDGE is the yacht in HBO’s Succession. Hitting TV screens in 2019, the season finale ...
- 82m superyacht RoMea to charter in the Maldives this winterVenture to the lesser-explored Maldives this winter and discover a slice of paradise on board the 82m/ 268ft motor yach...
- First look inside brand new charter yacht SOARINGDue to launch later this year from Abeking & Rasmussen, the first renderings of the 68m/ 223ft motor yacht SOARING have...
- Superyacht KISMET gets blown up in '6 Underground' movieStarring in the biggest Netflix movie to date, Lurssen’s 95m/ 312ft motor yacht KISMET plays a central role in new Mich...