Greece has been voted the ‘Best Country in the World to Visit’ at Condé Nast travel magazine’s annual Readers’ Travel Awards, adding to the country's on-going appeal as a top superyacht destination.
Celebrating the best of the best in travel, the awards are voted for by readers of the upmarket glossy and 2016 sees Greece rank as the number one country in the world to visit.
The result proves the country is continuing to capture the imagination of travellers at it climbs up from last year’s fourth place.
Condé Nast readers were asked to vote on various criteria, ranging from service, design and culture to value for money, and Greece received crowd-pleasing scores across the board.
Other yacht charter destinations recognised in the ‘Best Countries in the World’ category include Italy and Australia. The former was popular among voters due to its delicious food, whereas the latter was recognised for its spectacular scenery.
Greece is certainly an excellent destination for luxury yacht charters thanks to its plethora of picturesque locations to visit. Begin in the fascinating metropolis of Athens before setting sail for the thousands of beautiful Greek islands.
Among the most idyllic islands are the Cyclades, located in the centre of the Aegean Sea in a circle formation and renowned for white-washed buildings, blue doomed Byzantine churches and glorious golden beaches.
Highlights of the island-chain include Santorini, one of the most romantic destinations in the world with charming hill-top towns, local vineyards and beautiful coastal treasures, and its livelier, more cosmopolitan neighbour Mykonos.
An eclectic mix of architectural heritage, local traditions and wondrous scenery make up the Dodecanese Islands. With half of the islands uninhabited, the archipelago is perfect for island-hopping adventures and avoiding the tourist trail.
Meanwhile, the seven jewels that make up the Ionian Islands in the Grecian Sea differ from their Aegean neighbours in traditions, architecture and atmosphere. Laced in wildflowers, exotic scenery and individual charm, the sun-kissed island-chain await your discovery.
Greece is continuing to capture the imagination of travellers from around the world
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed