Greece has been voted the ‘Best Country in the World to Visit’ at Condé Nast travel magazine’s annual Readers’ Travel Awards, adding to the country's on-going appeal as a top superyacht destination.
Celebrating the best of the best in travel, the awards are voted for by readers of the upmarket glossy and 2016 sees Greece rank as the number one country in the world to visit.
The result proves the country is continuing to capture the imagination of travellers at it climbs up from last year’s fourth place.
Condé Nast readers were asked to vote on various criteria, ranging from service, design and culture to value for money, and Greece received crowd-pleasing scores across the board.
Other yacht charter destinations recognised in the ‘Best Countries in the World’ category include Italy and Australia. The former was popular among voters due to its delicious food, whereas the latter was recognised for its spectacular scenery.
Greece is certainly an excellent destination for luxury yacht charters thanks to its plethora of picturesque locations to visit. Begin in the fascinating metropolis of Athens before setting sail for the thousands of beautiful Greek islands.
Among the most idyllic islands are the Cyclades, located in the centre of the Aegean Sea in a circle formation and renowned for white-washed buildings, blue doomed Byzantine churches and glorious golden beaches.
Highlights of the island-chain include Santorini, one of the most romantic destinations in the world with charming hill-top towns, local vineyards and beautiful coastal treasures, and its livelier, more cosmopolitan neighbour Mykonos.
An eclectic mix of architectural heritage, local traditions and wondrous scenery make up the Dodecanese Islands. With half of the islands uninhabited, the archipelago is perfect for island-hopping adventures and avoiding the tourist trail.
Meanwhile, the seven jewels that make up the Ionian Islands in the Grecian Sea differ from their Aegean neighbours in traditions, architecture and atmosphere. Laced in wildflowers, exotic scenery and individual charm, the sun-kissed island-chain await your discovery.
Greece is continuing to capture the imagination of travellers from around the world
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...