Greece has been voted the ‘Best Country in the World to Visit’ at Condé Nast travel magazine’s annual Readers’ Travel Awards, adding to the country's on-going appeal as a top superyacht destination.
Celebrating the best of the best in travel, the awards are voted for by readers of the upmarket glossy and 2016 sees Greece rank as the number one country in the world to visit.
The result proves the country is continuing to capture the imagination of travellers at it climbs up from last year’s fourth place.
Condé Nast readers were asked to vote on various criteria, ranging from service, design and culture to value for money, and Greece received crowd-pleasing scores across the board.
Other yacht charter destinations recognised in the ‘Best Countries in the World’ category include Italy and Australia. The former was popular among voters due to its delicious food, whereas the latter was recognised for its spectacular scenery.
Greece is certainly an excellent destination for luxury yacht charters thanks to its plethora of picturesque locations to visit. Begin in the fascinating metropolis of Athens before setting sail for the thousands of beautiful Greek islands.
Among the most idyllic islands are the Cyclades, located in the centre of the Aegean Sea in a circle formation and renowned for white-washed buildings, blue doomed Byzantine churches and glorious golden beaches.
Highlights of the island-chain include Santorini, one of the most romantic destinations in the world with charming hill-top towns, local vineyards and beautiful coastal treasures, and its livelier, more cosmopolitan neighbour Mykonos.
An eclectic mix of architectural heritage, local traditions and wondrous scenery make up the Dodecanese Islands. With half of the islands uninhabited, the archipelago is perfect for island-hopping adventures and avoiding the tourist trail.
Meanwhile, the seven jewels that make up the Ionian Islands in the Grecian Sea differ from their Aegean neighbours in traditions, architecture and atmosphere. Laced in wildflowers, exotic scenery and individual charm, the sun-kissed island-chain await your discovery.
Greece is continuing to capture the imagination of travellers from around the world
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charter in MayAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- Sneak preview inside brand new charter yacht O’MATHILDENow only a couple of months from completion, a number of exciting renderings have been published to illustrate the fasc...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Popular Marinas Reopen In The CaribbeanIn yet more good news for the Caribbean, it was revealed today that key marinas in the Virgin Islands and St Martin hav...