To accommodate a growing number of attending superyachts, the 2019 edition of the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show (FLIBS) will introduce a brand new Superyacht Village along Pier Sixty-Six.
Split between the marina and a dedicated on-land exhibition space, the 3.5 acre Superyacht Village will play host to yachts of up 400 feet (121 metres) for the boat show’s 60th edition this year.
Running between October 30 - November 3, FLIBS will showcase some of the most impressive superyacht launches of the year, and frequently attracts 100,000 attendees to Florida.
This move will expand the show’s total area to over 3 million square feet across seven show locations, and continues to enhance FLIBS’ position as the world’s largest in-water boat show.
Taking place around Seabreeze Boulevard in central Fort Lauderdale, those attending this year’s event will be able to admire some of the most impressive megayachts on the market, both for sale and private yacht charter.
“The growing number of large yachts exhibiting at the show continues to attract affluent buyers and superyacht charter clients,” said Andrew Doole, president of Informa U.S. Boat Shows.
“Thanks to a large investment by Informa and Tavistock, we are able to create a new, unique destination for the superyacht community within this extraordinary boat show directly across from Port Everglades.
"We are excited to expand our partnership with Pier Sixty-Six as they embark on an exciting future to revitalize the iconic waterfront venue that has been part of the boat show history since its inception.”
The growing number of large yachts exhibiting at the show continues to attract affluent buyers and superyacht charter clients.
Alongside the yachts, show-goers will be able to peruse exhibits from prestigious shipyards, as well as helicopters, personal submarines, supercars and a selection of luxury goods.
Auxiliary events will be also be hosted at the Superyacht Village, including wine tastings, intimate concerts, pop-up boutiques and the second annual FLIBS Yacht Chef Competition.
This new enhancement comes after last year’s FLIBS introduced an improved layout to create a more seamless show experience for attendees. With a striking new entrance along the north end of Bahia Mar Hotel and Marina property, the show now boasts a plaza-like configuration and separate entrances for VIP guests and exhibitors.
“Pier Sixty-Six is one of the East Coast’s premier yachting destinations, and the exclusive offerings of the Village align with our vision for the future of our iconic property as the social harbor of Fort Lauderdale.” Says Jessi Blakely, senior director of Tavistock Development Company.
“We are honored to host the new Superyacht Village at Pier Sixty-Six’s new ‘Pier South’ property, which overlooks the Port and offers superyachts the perfect place to call home.”
We are honored to host the new Superyacht Village at Pier Sixty-Six, which [..] offers superyachts the perfect place to call home.
Water taxis and shuttle buses will be available to transport attendees around the show. Locations for the 2019 event include; the Broward County Convention Center, the Sails Marina, Hall of Fame Marina, Fort Lauderdale Hilton Marina, Las Olas Municipal Marina and of course, Pier Sixty-Six Marina.
Each location will attract different types of vessels, ensuring something for everyone to enjoy at the landmark 60th edition of the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed