A summer season in the Caribbean beckons, and what better way to experience cerulean seas and white-sand beaches than aboard the multi-award winning luxury yacht JOY.
Guests stepping on board JOY will find themselves marvelling at her superbly-designed interiors courtsey of Studio Indigo and expansive outdoor space complete with a sleek and streamlined shape penned by Bannenberg & Rowell. It was important to the owner and the design teams that JOY's interior avoided vast expanses of empty or unused space that can be found on other megayachts of a similar size.
Instead, they wanted to make the indoor communal areas aboard JOY as cosy and intimate as possible, and her plush fabrics, sumptuous seating and comfortable places to unwind are a fitting testament to their success in this pursuit.
Hundreds of different textures and materials have been used to furnish JOY and give her a classic, but contemporary feeling. Swirled marble embellishments, lace-patterned carpetting and eglomisé glass lining the walls add to this ambience.
Swirled marble embellishments, lace-patterned carpetting and eglomisé glass lining the walls add to her ambience.
The ornate furnishing extends to her eight cabins, and this luxury yacht sleeps 12 in total and offers a flexible layout for a variety of arrangements.
On board superyacht JOY, guests will feel closer to the sea and their surroundings. While well-proportioned, her layout leans more towards outdoor deck space and this has been utilised to the full.
Guests are able peruse the perimeter of the motor yacht arm-in-arm, and delight in a game of basketball or badminton on the foredeck, where a court lies invitingly.
They can then stroll down to the chic beach club and make full use of the swim platform by diving into the azure oceans or watching a movie on the state-of-the-art cinema screen.
For guests in needs of relaxation, the sun deck boasts a block of sun pads and a Jacuzzi- and if they return inside, they can head to the spa, where a masseuse and physiotherapist will be waiting to indulge them.
On board superyacht JOY, guests will feel closer to the sea and their surroundings.
There are numerous spaces to dine al fresco on board JOY, which in the Caribbean can only mean meals enjoying unrivalled views of the sparkling seas and lush green coastlines. One of two winter garden features removable glass panels, easily converting it into yet another al fresco entertaining option.
In-keeping with the yacht’s commitment to making her guests feel at one with the open air, the on-board gym is encased by glass, so more active guests can work out while drinking in the breathtaking views around them. In addition to the masseuse and physiotherapist, a private fitness instructor also makes up the award-winning crew.
Exploring the exotic marine life of the Caribbean is a particularly tempting option, given that JOY is kitted out with the latest in water toys, so lagoons and sandbars can be well and truly explored. Among her repertoire is a large inflatable water slide, as well as snorkelling and scuba-diving equipment.
Although she will be making her first appearance in the Caribbean this winter, the 2016 build has proved herself to be a reliable and seaworthy motor yacht, with several successful charter vacations already completed. For a New Year's Eve yacht charter, visit St Barts aboard this stunning superyacht.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...