If there was one overlying aspect to the brief to Halter Marine on SuRI, it was to build a yacht for adventure. The U.S. shipyard more than delivered, with amenities including a helicopter hangar, expansive deck spaces and one of the most well-equipped 12-metre (40ft) water toy hangars in the global charter fleet (also featuring some toys not for aquatic exploration, such as her two BMW motorbikes).
Climate-controlled al fresco dining aft whilst reflecting on the beauty of Asia’s cruising grounds and relaxing at her sun loungers before a dip in the her Jacuzzi are all possible ways to spend the day on board SuRI.
Originally delivered in 1978, she underwent an extensive refit process in 2012, which included lengthening the vessel by 11 metres (35 feet), to provide even more space for charter guests to enjoy. She also underwent the installation of glass flooring in her bottom-deck media room, to transform it into a charterer’s very own awe-inspiring aquarium.
So impressive was the Joseph Artese design and deck layout of SuRI that Hollywood came calling in 2014 for filming of action film Mechanic: Resurrection, due for release in 2016 and starring Jessica Alba and Jason Statham.
The smart arrangement of her deck areas continues indoors, with light, homely living areas styled by Jeffrey Botwin with leather and cream panelling throughout. As many as 12 guest can come aboard charter yacht SuRI for a voyage, with a spacious layout of a full-beam master suite (to be extended by 2 metres) four VIP staterooms, one double cabin and a convertible twin cabin on offer.
A dedicated fitness centre – featuring a treadmill and cross-trainer - on board ensures any exercise regime ashore can be adhered to. A movie theatre and spa complete with a steam room and massage facilities further enhance the luxury on board.
To almost achieve the impossible and better the adventure on offer on SuRI, she recently added an award-wining C-Explorer 3 personal submarine, the latest delivery from U-Boat Worx and making exploring the marine life in depths of up to 300 metres for up to 16 hoursa reality (see video below). Other toys include jet-skis, Waverunners, Seabobs, scuba diving equipment, kayaks, hovercraft and an array of inflatables particularly popular amongst younger guests.
Following updates to her master suite and sky lounge in Australia, SuRI will relocate to New Zealand for the holiday season before heading to Fiji, where she will be based for the first part of 2016.
For more details about M/Y SuRI’s charter availability next year please get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, compare all luxury crewed yachts for charter in Thailand.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...