If there was one overlying aspect to the brief to Halter Marine on SuRI, it was to build a yacht for adventure. The U.S. shipyard more than delivered, with amenities including a helicopter hangar, expansive deck spaces and one of the most well-equipped 12-metre (40ft) water toy hangars in the global charter fleet (also featuring some toys not for aquatic exploration, such as her two BMW motorbikes).
Climate-controlled al fresco dining aft whilst reflecting on the beauty of Asia’s cruising grounds and relaxing at her sun loungers before a dip in the her Jacuzzi are all possible ways to spend the day on board SuRI.
Originally delivered in 1978, she underwent an extensive refit process in 2012, which included lengthening the vessel by 11 metres (35 feet), to provide even more space for charter guests to enjoy. She also underwent the installation of glass flooring in her bottom-deck media room, to transform it into a charterer’s very own awe-inspiring aquarium.
So impressive was the Joseph Artese design and deck layout of SuRI that Hollywood came calling in 2014 for filming of action film Mechanic: Resurrection, due for release in 2016 and starring Jessica Alba and Jason Statham.
The smart arrangement of her deck areas continues indoors, with light, homely living areas styled by Jeffrey Botwin with leather and cream panelling throughout. As many as 12 guest can come aboard charter yacht SuRI for a voyage, with a spacious layout of a full-beam master suite (to be extended by 2 metres) four VIP staterooms, one double cabin and a convertible twin cabin on offer.
A dedicated fitness centre – featuring a treadmill and cross-trainer - on board ensures any exercise regime ashore can be adhered to. A movie theatre and spa complete with a steam room and massage facilities further enhance the luxury on board.
To almost achieve the impossible and better the adventure on offer on SuRI, she recently added an award-wining C-Explorer 3 personal submarine, the latest delivery from U-Boat Worx and making exploring the marine life in depths of up to 300 metres for up to 16 hoursa reality (see video below). Other toys include jet-skis, Waverunners, Seabobs, scuba diving equipment, kayaks, hovercraft and an array of inflatables particularly popular amongst younger guests.
Following updates to her master suite and sky lounge in Australia, SuRI will relocate to New Zealand for the holiday season before heading to Fiji, where she will be based for the first part of 2016.
For more details about M/Y SuRI’s charter availability next year please get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, compare all luxury crewed yachts for charter in Thailand.
- Popular Marinas Reopen In The CaribbeanIn yet more good news for the Caribbean, it was revealed today that key marinas in the Virgin Islands and St Martin hav...
- New M/Y ‘Liquid Sky’ Joins Global Charter FleetThe newly launched 47m/154ft motor yacht ‘Liquid Sky’ is the latest addition to the charter market and will be availabl...
- Charter Yacht SKYLER Wins ‘Best of the Best’ AwardStorming to victory at an awards ceremony hosted by the Robb Report China last week, the 38m/125ft motor yacht SKYLER w...
- Where Can I Charter In The Caribbean This Winter?As the Caribbean returns to its historic glory following weather complications earlier this year, we provide a fresh up...
- 10 Of The Best Brand New Yachts To Charter In 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best brand new superyachts in 2018.
- 6 Brand New Charter Yachts To Look Out For In 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...