The 71m/234ft expedition yacht ‘Enigma XK’ took home the accolade for ‘Best Poweryacht Refit Over 100 Feet’ at the inaugural Refit Excellence Awards last week.
Taking place as part of the Refit International Exhibition and Conference in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, the award was presented at a special ceremony on Thursday 28th January. Enigma XK, nominated by the France-based Atlantic Refit Center, was one of five yachts to scoop an award.
An independent panel judged the entrees on not only the finished yacht, but on the teamwork, problem-solving and efficiency of everyone involved in the refit, including the boatyard, captain, owner, designer, surveyor and management.
Enigma XK impressed with her transformation from military patrol vessel to a luxury charter yacht thanks to the design work of London-based company Vitruvius Yachts.
The two-year refit saw accommodations created for 12 guests and 23 crewmembers, and an overhaul of the original Ruston engines.
Launched in 1988, the expedition yacht served in the North Atlantic for the Scottish Fisheries Protection Agency before being acquired in 2011 by a yachtsman who liked her rugged looks and endurance abilities.
The bright, contemporary and elegant new look of charter yacht Enigma XK combines light wooden floorboards and white walls and upholstery with rich timber cabinetry. Her main salon features spacious lounge and dining areas and a striking bar, while large windows in the master stateroom offer stunning sea views.
Enigma XK impressed with her transformation from military patrol vessel to a luxury charter yacht
Other highlights include a helipad, fitness room, wellness centre, on-deck Jacuzzi and an extensive collection of water toys.
The 37m/123ft sailing yacht AXIA also won her category at the awards.
For further information on M/Y Enigma XK, please contact your preferred charter broker.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...