The 71m/234ft expedition yacht ‘Enigma XK’ took home the accolade for ‘Best Poweryacht Refit Over 100 Feet’ at the inaugural Refit Excellence Awards last week.
Taking place as part of the Refit International Exhibition and Conference in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, the award was presented at a special ceremony on Thursday 28th January. Enigma XK, nominated by the France-based Atlantic Refit Center, was one of five yachts to scoop an award.
An independent panel judged the entrees on not only the finished yacht, but on the teamwork, problem-solving and efficiency of everyone involved in the refit, including the boatyard, captain, owner, designer, surveyor and management.
Enigma XK impressed with her transformation from military patrol vessel to a luxury charter yacht thanks to the design work of London-based company Vitruvius Yachts.
The two-year refit saw accommodations created for 12 guests and 23 crewmembers, and an overhaul of the original Ruston engines.
Launched in 1988, the expedition yacht served in the North Atlantic for the Scottish Fisheries Protection Agency before being acquired in 2011 by a yachtsman who liked her rugged looks and endurance abilities.
The bright, contemporary and elegant new look of charter yacht Enigma XK combines light wooden floorboards and white walls and upholstery with rich timber cabinetry. Her main salon features spacious lounge and dining areas and a striking bar, while large windows in the master stateroom offer stunning sea views.
Enigma XK impressed with her transformation from military patrol vessel to a luxury charter yacht
Other highlights include a helipad, fitness room, wellness centre, on-deck Jacuzzi and an extensive collection of water toys.
The 37m/123ft sailing yacht AXIA also won her category at the awards.
For further information on M/Y Enigma XK, please contact your preferred charter broker.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed