The 71m/234ft expedition yacht ‘Enigma XK’ took home the accolade for ‘Best Poweryacht Refit Over 100 Feet’ at the inaugural Refit Excellence Awards last week.
Taking place as part of the Refit International Exhibition and Conference in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, the award was presented at a special ceremony on Thursday 28th January. Enigma XK, nominated by the France-based Atlantic Refit Center, was one of five yachts to scoop an award.
An independent panel judged the entrees on not only the finished yacht, but on the teamwork, problem-solving and efficiency of everyone involved in the refit, including the boatyard, captain, owner, designer, surveyor and management.
Enigma XK impressed with her transformation from military patrol vessel to a luxury charter yacht thanks to the design work of London-based company Vitruvius Yachts.
The two-year refit saw accommodations created for 12 guests and 23 crewmembers, and an overhaul of the original Ruston engines.
Launched in 1988, the expedition yacht served in the North Atlantic for the Scottish Fisheries Protection Agency before being acquired in 2011 by a yachtsman who liked her rugged looks and endurance abilities.
The bright, contemporary and elegant new look of charter yacht Enigma XK combines light wooden floorboards and white walls and upholstery with rich timber cabinetry. Her main salon features spacious lounge and dining areas and a striking bar, while large windows in the master stateroom offer stunning sea views.
Enigma XK impressed with her transformation from military patrol vessel to a luxury charter yacht
Other highlights include a helipad, fitness room, wellness centre, on-deck Jacuzzi and an extensive collection of water toys.
The 37m/123ft sailing yacht AXIA also won her category at the awards.
For further information on M/Y Enigma XK, please contact your preferred charter broker.
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charter in MayAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- Sneak preview inside brand new charter yacht O’MATHILDENow only a couple of months from completion, a number of exciting renderings have been published to illustrate the fasc...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Popular Marinas Reopen In The CaribbeanIn yet more good news for the Caribbean, it was revealed today that key marinas in the Virgin Islands and St Martin hav...