Expedition Yacht ‘Enigma XK’ Wins at Refit Excellence Awards
The 71m/234ft expedition yacht ‘Enigma XK’ took home the accolade for ‘Best Poweryacht Refit Over 100 Feet’ at the inaugural Refit Excellence Awards last week.
Taking place as part of the Refit International Exhibition and Conference in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, the award was presented at a special ceremony on Thursday 28th January. Enigma XK, nominated by the France-based Atlantic Refit Center, was one of five yachts to scoop an award.
An independent panel judged the entrees on not only the finished yacht, but on the teamwork, problem-solving and efficiency of everyone involved in the refit, including the boatyard, captain, owner, designer, surveyor and management.
Enigma XK impressed with her transformation from military patrol vessel to a luxury charter yacht thanks to the design work of London-based company Vitruvius Yachts.
The two-year refit saw accommodations created for 12 guests and 23 crewmembers, and an overhaul of the original Ruston engines.
Launched in 1988, the expedition yacht served in the North Atlantic for the Scottish Fisheries Protection Agency before being acquired in 2011 by a yachtsman who liked her rugged looks and endurance abilities.
The bright, contemporary and elegant new look of charter yacht Enigma XK combines light wooden floorboards and white walls and upholstery with rich timber cabinetry. Her main salon features spacious lounge and dining areas and a striking bar, while large windows in the master stateroom offer stunning sea views.
Enigma XK impressed with her transformation from military patrol vessel to a luxury charter yacht
Other highlights include a helipad, fitness room, wellness centre, on-deck Jacuzzi and an extensive collection of water toys.
The 37m/123ft sailing yacht AXIA also won her category at the awards.
For further information on M/Y Enigma XK, please contact your preferred charter broker.
More Yacht Information
Enigma XK Yacht For Charter
71m Richards Shipbuilders, 1987 / 2013
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y PIONEER Offers Two Free Days of CharterOffering guests 9 days charter for the price of 7, the 46m/151ft expedition yacht PIONEER is perfect for exploring the ...
- M/Y ELYSIAN Open For Charter In The CaribbeanFollowing her appearance at the Antigua Charter Yacht Show in December, the 60m/197ft motor yacht ELYSIAN is now availa...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- Greece Maintains Status as a Superyacht Hotspot With a new year now underway, it’s possible to see how Greece continued to maintain its position as one of the prime ya...
- M/Y AXIOMA Drops Rate By €255,000 For WinterOffering a considerable reduction on select dates this spring and autumn, the 72m/236ft motor yacht AXIOMA presents a d...