Originally constructed in 1974 by IHC Holland shipyard, LEGEND has undergone 18 months of renovations and the finished product was revealed at around midnight on March 26 at high tide.
As the launch revealed, the expedition yacht now boasts a sleeker and more attractive appearance thanks to Diana Yacht Design, the company behind the yacht’s transformed exterior areas and naval architecture.
Changes to the exterior include an extension of 3.6 metres to the stern, a superstructure extension and mast rebuild, and the addition of a new swimming pool, swim platform and commercially certified helipad.
What has remained is LEGEND’s capability as an icebreaker. A Lloyd’s classified Class 1B icebreaking ship, she is able to cruise to some of the most remote corners of the planet, including the North Pole and Antarctica.
Equipped with a submarine and snow mobiles as well as a huge treasure chest of water toys, superyacht LEGEND can offer adrenaline-filled adventure charters and activities.
All is this is possible while living in the upmost luxury. Styled by Thomas Beeren and Jan Verkerk, the interior features elegant lounging, dining and socializing areas with amenities such as a fitness room, movie theatre, Balinese Spa and sauna, and beauty salon.
A Lloyd’s classified Class 1B icebreaking ship, LEGEND is able to cruise to the remotest corners of the planet
The charter yacht is able to comfortably sleep up to 26 guests in 13 staterooms, including a master suite, two VIP suites, four double cabins, four single cabins and two convertible cabins.
After her summer season in Northern Europe and the Artic, she will be available for a luxury yacht charter in the Antarctic from November.
For further information on M/Y LEGEND, get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed