Originally constructed in 1974 by IHC Holland shipyard, LEGEND has undergone 18 months of renovations and the finished product was revealed at around midnight on March 26 at high tide.
As the launch revealed, the expedition yacht now boasts a sleeker and more attractive appearance thanks to Diana Yacht Design, the company behind the yacht’s transformed exterior areas and naval architecture.
Changes to the exterior include an extension of 3.6 metres to the stern, a superstructure extension and mast rebuild, and the addition of a new swimming pool, swim platform and commercially certified helipad.
What has remained is LEGEND’s capability as an icebreaker. A Lloyd’s classified Class 1B icebreaking ship, she is able to cruise to some of the most remote corners of the planet, including the North Pole and Antarctica.
Equipped with a submarine and snow mobiles as well as a huge treasure chest of water toys, superyacht LEGEND can offer adrenaline-filled adventure charters and activities.
All is this is possible while living in the upmost luxury. Styled by Thomas Beeren and Jan Verkerk, the interior features elegant lounging, dining and socializing areas with amenities such as a fitness room, movie theatre, Balinese Spa and sauna, and beauty salon.
A Lloyd’s classified Class 1B icebreaking ship, LEGEND is able to cruise to the remotest corners of the planet
The charter yacht is able to comfortably sleep up to 26 guests in 13 staterooms, including a master suite, two VIP suites, four double cabins, four single cabins and two convertible cabins.
After her summer season in Northern Europe and the Artic, she will be available for a luxury yacht charter in the Antarctic from November.
For further information on M/Y LEGEND, get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...