Originally constructed in 1974 by IHC Holland shipyard, LEGEND has undergone 18 months of renovations and the finished product was revealed at around midnight on March 26 at high tide.
As the launch revealed, the expedition yacht now boasts a sleeker and more attractive appearance thanks to Diana Yacht Design, the company behind the yacht’s transformed exterior areas and naval architecture.
Changes to the exterior include an extension of 3.6 metres to the stern, a superstructure extension and mast rebuild, and the addition of a new swimming pool, swim platform and commercially certified helipad.
What has remained is LEGEND’s capability as an icebreaker. A Lloyd’s classified Class 1B icebreaking ship, she is able to cruise to some of the most remote corners of the planet, including the North Pole and Antarctica.
Equipped with a submarine and snow mobiles as well as a huge treasure chest of water toys, superyacht LEGEND can offer adrenaline-filled adventure charters and activities.
All is this is possible while living in the upmost luxury. Styled by Thomas Beeren and Jan Verkerk, the interior features elegant lounging, dining and socializing areas with amenities such as a fitness room, movie theatre, Balinese Spa and sauna, and beauty salon.
A Lloyd’s classified Class 1B icebreaking ship, LEGEND is able to cruise to the remotest corners of the planet
The charter yacht is able to comfortably sleep up to 26 guests in 13 staterooms, including a master suite, two VIP suites, four double cabins, four single cabins and two convertible cabins.
After her summer season in Northern Europe and the Artic, she will be available for a luxury yacht charter in the Antarctic from November.
For further information on M/Y LEGEND, get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charterAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- Sneak preview inside brand new M/Y O’MATHILDENow only a couple of months from completion, a number of exciting renderings have been published to illustrate the fasc...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Popular Marinas Reopen In The CaribbeanIn yet more good news for the Caribbean, it was revealed today that key marinas in the Virgin Islands and St Martin hav...