Expedition Yacht LEGEND Hits the Water
Originally constructed in 1974 by IHC Holland shipyard, LEGEND has undergone 18 months of renovations and the finished product was revealed at around midnight on March 26 at high tide.
As the launch revealed, the expedition yacht now boasts a sleeker and more attractive appearance thanks to Diana Yacht Design, the company behind the yacht’s transformed exterior areas and naval architecture.
Changes to the exterior include an extension of 3.6 metres to the stern, a superstructure extension and mast rebuild, and the addition of a new swimming pool, swim platform and commercially certified helipad.
What has remained is LEGEND’s capability as an icebreaker. A Lloyd’s classified Class 1B icebreaking ship, she is able to cruise to some of the most remote corners of the planet, including the North Pole and Antarctica.
Equipped with a submarine and snow mobiles as well as a huge treasure chest of water toys, superyacht LEGEND can offer adrenaline-filled adventure charters and activities.
All is this is possible while living in the upmost luxury. Styled by Thomas Beeren and Jan Verkerk, the interior features elegant lounging, dining and socializing areas with amenities such as a fitness room, movie theatre, Balinese Spa and sauna, and beauty salon.
A Lloyd’s classified Class 1B icebreaking ship, LEGEND is able to cruise to the remotest corners of the planet
The charter yacht is able to comfortably sleep up to 26 guests in 13 staterooms, including a master suite, two VIP suites, four double cabins, four single cabins and two convertible cabins.
After her summer season in Northern Europe and the Artic, she will be available for a luxury yacht charter in the Antarctic from November.
For further information on M/Y LEGEND, get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
More Yacht Information
Legend Yacht For Charter
77m IHC Verschure, 1974 / 2016
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y PIONEER Offers Two Free Days of CharterOffering guests 9 days charter for the price of 7, the 46m/151ft expedition yacht PIONEER is perfect for exploring the ...
- M/Y ELYSIAN Open For Charter In The CaribbeanFollowing her appearance at the Antigua Charter Yacht Show in December, the 60m/197ft motor yacht ELYSIAN is now availa...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- Greece Maintains Status as a Superyacht Hotspot With a new year now underway, it’s possible to see how Greece continued to maintain its position as one of the prime ya...
- M/Y AXIOMA Drops Rate By €255,000 For WinterOffering a considerable reduction on select dates this spring and autumn, the 72m/236ft motor yacht AXIOMA presents a d...