Expedition Yacht DRENEC Offers Unique Myanmar Experience
Back in 1964, DRENEC was built as a working boat by the Netherlands shipyard Haarlemse Scheepsbouw Maats. Twenty two years later she underwent her first major overhaul and was reborn as a high-class expedition vessel, before being upgraded for the charter market in 2012 by Malta’s Cassar Shipyard.
DRENEC’s latest refit saw the addition of modern systems and interior, without compromising her classic exterior lines and traditional detail. She is now capable of comfortable and safe discovery missions in the upmost luxury.
Indeed, with only a couple of dozen visitors to the Myanmar archipelago each month and with 800 sparsely populated islands, you will have your voyage of discovery to this hidden and unspoilt land to yourself.
Sophie Bouakel-Kastelein is behind the new interior designs. In the main salon, rich timbers stand out against white panelling and neutral furnishings, and large porthole-style windows add a classic nautical touch. Both a formal dining table and casual seating are focal points alongside an upright piano.
Warm timbers abound in the five spacious suites, again enhanced by a muted colour pallet as well as soft furnishings. In total, charter yacht DRENEC can comfortably accommodate up to 12 guests in four spacious double cabins and one twin cabin, all complete with en-suite bathrooms.
A charming al fresco dining area is found aft deck with room for up to 10 guests. Undercover, it’s the perfect respite from the hot midday sun as well as an ideal setting to dine on the day’s fresh catch. For those who want to soak up the sun’s rays, forward is an open area with sun loungers and comfortable arm-chair style seats.
However, the Myanmar surroundings are guaranteed to keep you occupied. Gorgeous white beaches lined with palm trees and dense jungles will entice you ashore as the crystal clear waters seduce you in to explore its vibrant marine life. You can also visit the Monken sea gypsy village and discover the wildlife of the mangrove forests of Lampi National Park.
For more information on M/Y DRENEC please get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively compare all the luxury yachts available to charter in South East Asia.
More Yacht Information
Drenec Yacht For Charter
36m Haarlemse Scheepsbouw, 1964 / 2012
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y PIONEER Offers Two Free Days of CharterOffering guests 9 days charter for the price of 7, the 46m/151ft expedition yacht PIONEER is perfect for exploring the ...
- M/Y ELYSIAN Open For Charter In The CaribbeanFollowing her appearance at the Antigua Charter Yacht Show in December, the 60m/197ft motor yacht ELYSIAN is now availa...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- Greece Maintains Status as a Superyacht Hotspot With a new year now underway, it’s possible to see how Greece continued to maintain its position as one of the prime ya...
- M/Y AXIOMA Drops Rate By €255,000 For WinterOffering a considerable reduction on select dates this spring and autumn, the 72m/236ft motor yacht AXIOMA presents a d...