Still officially known as Project Opus or Project Redwood, YachtCharterFleet can exclusively reveal that the 142m (460’) Lurssen will soon be christened superyacht NORD.
She's the talk of the yachting industry right now, and all eyes have been on Nuvolari Lenard designed OPUS as she undergoes the final stages of outfitting at Lurssen's facilities in Bremen.
As ever, the German shipyard has kept details of their latest project to a minimum, and her nameplate has been covered since she was unveiled to the world back in July.
That being said, our sources suggested she would be named NORD last month, and an updated AIS report confirmed our intelligence this morning.
The motor yacht was launched under the project name OPUS in January 2019, and prior to that she also went by the project name REDWOOD.
The 9250 GT yacht is currently preparing for seas trials, and delivery is anticipated before the end of 2020.
NORD will make her way into the top 15 of the World’s Top 100 Yachts when she is delivered, and she will be the third Lurssen yacht to see delivery in 2020 after the 140m (459’) motor yacht SCHEHERAZADE and 87m (285’) motor yacht AVANTAGE.
All eyes have been on Nuvolard Lenard designed OPUS as she undergoes the final stages of outfitting at Lurssen's facilities in Bremen.
The superyacht marks another successful collaboration between Nuvolari Lenard and Lurssen; their previous projects include 88m (289’) superyacht QUATTROELLE, an award-winning yacht which has been critically acclaimed since her delivery in 2013.
Luxury yacht NORD is believed to have a wide variety of amenities on board, including a large swimming pool, Jacuzzi, a beach club, spa, sauna, gym and two helipads. An extending helicopter garage, with fold-down side platforms, on the upper deck aft provides shelter for the helicopter and can be stowed away in a retractable hanger that slides neatly into the superstructure when not in use.
The luxury motor yacht can accommodate 36 guests in 20 cabins.
Lurssen has a firmly established reputation as a builder of larger superyachts - 29 of World's Top 100 Yachts come from the German shipyard, including the 180m (591’) motor yacht AZZAM - the largest delivered yacht in the world.
The yard looks likely to add to that number in the next couple of years with a further six 100m + superyachts in build between now and 2022, the largest of which is the 158m (518’) Project Blue.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed