This morning the entire yachting industry turned its attention to the Monaco Yacht Show 2018 as the first day gets off to a spectacular start in Port Hercules.
The sun was out as H.S.H Prince Albert II of Monaco officially opened the 28th edition of the show, with 30,000 visitors expected to walk through the gates over the next four days.
YachtCharterFleet was there to watch the action and report back on this morning's events.
As the show gets in full swing, those in attendance will be able to take in 121 magnificent one-off superyachts berthed in the port while even more spectacular vessels can be seen at anchor off the Monaco coast. Of the fleet, 40 will be making their world debuts so there is excitement abound at Port Hercules.
This year, alongside the opportunity to see brand new yachts there is also a brand new show layout. For the very first time, naval architects, shipyards, designers and brokers will be showcasing their products and services alongside the superyacht itself in an effort to make the show more enjoyable for future yacht buyers.
One of the most-talked-about yachts so far is the 90m/295ft motor yacht DAR from Oceanco after she picked up two wins at last night’s Monaco Yacht Show Superyacht Awards. This morning, the newly crowned 'finest new superyacht' can be found berthed along Quai Rainier III.
Fellow Oceanco build, the 89m/290ft charter yacht BARBARA, is also on display and you can see her distinctive Sam Sorgiovanni-designed exterior lines up close in one of the photos below.
Other vessels caught on camera by YachtCharterFleet include the 37m/120ft superyacht BRIGADOON from Moonen, and a helicopter can be seen perched on the aft deck of Damen’s 56m/182ft support vessel ‘Power Play’ with Amels’ 55m/180ft superyacht ‘La Familia’ in the background.
Photos below also reveal some of the world-class shipyards exhibiting at the event. Among these are CRN and Pride Mega Yachts, which is in Monaco representing the 88m/291ft superyacht ‘Illusion Plus’, a brand new build fresh from picking up the best interior award at last night’s ceremony.
Among the world-class shipyards in Monaco is Pride Mega Yachts, which is representing the award-winning 88m/291ft superyacht ‘Illusion Plus,
In total, there are 580 exhibitors showcasing their products and services. Back for the second year in a row is a newly extended ‘Tenders & Toys’ area at Quai Jarlan, presenting products such as chase-boats, sport tenders submersibles and inflatables.
There is also a prestige car exhibition displaying around 12 tailor-made vehicles and hypercars. This ‘Car Deck’ is also located on Quai Jarlan alongside the Starboard Lounge.
To discover what else is happening in Monaco, watch out for our upcoming gallery of show photos live from the Monaco Yacht Show including the main event plus pictures from the best parties. YachtCharterFleet will be on the ground at the show, so expect regular updates on all the latest news.
For more details on any of the yachts at MYS 2018, speak to your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, view all superyachts attending the Monaco Yacht Show 2018.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...