Now in its 41st edition, the Cannes Yachting Festival brings together close to 620 boats measuring from five to 55 metres. As always, the varied fleet is made up of motor yachts, sailing yachts, multi-hulls and small motorboats, and over 100 will be making their world debuts.
The new yachts are on display at the Vieux Port, where the ‘Super Yachts Extension’ hosting yachts of 25 to 55 metres can be found next to quais lined with other smaller recently launched yachts.
Forty-six second-hand superyachts available for both charter and sale are, meanwhile, being exhibited across the bay at Port Pierre Canto joined by their expert brokerage houses.
50,000 visitors from around the world are expected to attend and take in the on-water displays of vessels as well as the 500 plus exhibitors
Over the duration of the show, more than 50,000 visitors from around the world are expected to attend and take in the on-water displays of vessels as well as the 500 plus exhibitors.
There is also a ‘RIB Village’ and tender and toys area at Port Pierre Canto. New for 2018, this section reflects the rapidly growing superyacht toy sector and is anticipated to be a popular show addition.
For visitors wishing to access Port Pierre Canto, there is a free public shuttle departing every 15 minutes from the 'Super Yacht Extension' in the Vieux Port.
Another highlight of the event is the Concours d’Elegance which will return for its fourth edition on Thursday 13 September at 5pm with a showcase of vintage and modern day boats. The parade pays tribute to the rich history of yachting in Cannes and the French Riviera.
The Cannes Yachting Festival 2018 runs each day from 10am to 7pm, apart from Friday 14 September when it closes at 10pm and the final day, Sunday 16 September, when it closes at 6pm.
For more details on any charter yachts at the festival, speak to your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, view all luxury yachts attending the Cannes Yachting Festival 2018.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...