One of the most impressive and innovative superyachts in the global charter fleet, VERTIGO was built in 2011 by the renowned New Zealand-based shipyard Alloy Yachts. Combining adventure with the ultimate in at-sea luxury, she offers an unrivalled charter experience.
Opportunities to charter in the spectacular island chain of Papua New Guinea are extremely limited, so it’s very rare that a yacht of such a high calibre is open for bookings in this region of the South Pacific.
Designed by naval architecture Philippe Briand, the sailing yacht is the largest in the Southern Hemisphere and cuts an eye-catching figure with modern hull lines and an almost vertical hull. This allows for a considerable increase in speed for intrepid travellers.
Papua New Guinea is one of the few places on earth where you can spend a week at sea and not cross paths with another vessel. Many islands remain untouched by man, and this has left unmissable natural landscapes of pristine beaches, volcanic mountain ranges and beautiful coastal plains.
Fortunately, the generous deck spaces on board luxury yacht VERTIGO are perfect for taking in these awe-inspiring vistas. Guests can enjoy alfresco dining in the cockpit, unwind in the oversized Jacuzzi or soak up the sun’s rays on a selection of sun pads.
There is also a BBQ grill and wet bar on the flybridge, and versatile Bimini covers and glass screens create respite from the strong midday sun or protection against the wind. Then, at night, lanterns on the flybridge create a spectacular evening ambience, and movies can be enjoyed under the stars thanks to a projector and screen on the aft deck.
Step inside, meanwhile, to experience the loft-style interior, designed by Christian Liaigre. Sleek lines and stainless steel combine with a natural palette of walnut, cream and black, creating urban yet elegant living spaces.
This styling continues into the staterooms, where up to 12 guests can be accommodated in one master suite, three double cabins, one twin cabin and one convertible cabin.
There is a treasure chest of water toys on board, ensuring charter guests can make the most of the idyllic waters. Explore deserted coves and river systems by kayak, discover the rich marine life of the archipelago with snorkelling gear or race past spectacular backdrops on water skis.
Guests can even keep up their fitness routine while at sea as there is a fully-equipped gymnasium with direct access into the water, making it easy to call down after a heavy workout.
As well as enjoying the island chain’s incredible natural beauty and biodiversity, a luxury yacht charter in the region can also include activities such as white water rafting, mountain hikes and cultural immersion experiences with the islanders.
For further information on S/Y VERTIGO please contact your preferred charter broker or take a look at all luxury yachts available to charter in Papua New Guinea.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...