Organised by the Large Yacht Brokers Association (LYBRA), the brand new show is the only event in Europe focused solely on serving consumers. It offered serious yacht buyers and charterers the opportunity to step aboard some of the world’s leading yachts in a private and luxurious setting.
The quayside experience for the ultra-high net worth clients and their representatives in attendance was designed to be relaxed, elegant and enjoyable as the four-day show, which ran from 2 to 5 May, purposefully moved away from the B2B element associated with more traditional boat shows.
Among the yachts lined up in the OneOcean Port Vell was a fine selection available for charter, including the 76m/248ft superyacht ANASTASIA from Oceanco. Designed to deliver the complete charter experience, she is jam-packed with amenities, including a 30m private nightclub, a health deck and a movie theatre.
Another show-stopper was the 70m/230ft charter yacht JOY. A 2016 build from Feadship, her revolutionary exterior styling from Bannenberg & Rowell, expansive deck areas and beautiful interior design from London-based Studio Indigo made her one of the most popular superyachts on display.
Likewise, the 66m/218ft charter yacht OKTO from ISA drew no end of admiring glances. With a sleek, silver superstructure perched atop a jet black hull, a large and inviting aft deck pool and monochrome high heel-friendly Esthec decks, her aesthetic appeal should come as no surprise.
The Superyacht Show is the only event in Europe focused solely on serving consumers
One of the highlights, however, was the award-winning 81m/266ft superyacht KIBO, which made a surprise appearance. Built by Abeking & Rasmussen in 2014, she features generous deck areas dedicated to entertaining and a luxurious, beach-house style interior from Terence Disdale.
Alongside the superyachts, there were exhibits from a variety of luxury brands, and The Superyacht Show also turned the spotlight on Barcelona as a superyacht destination. The city is easy to get to, has a new marina and is teaming with world-class architecture, cutting-edge cuisine and a variety of cultural attractions.
Over time, LYBRA hopes to develop the show into the definitive, pre-summer buying opportunity in the Mediterranean, and the event is expected to return in 2019.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...