Displaying a magnificent $1.2 billion worth of boats and marine accessories, Palm Beach Boat Show 2017 got off to a fantastic start. A four-day event, the show will continue at 10am today and conclude at 6pm on Sunday 26th March.
Before rain began to fall in the late-afternoon, the sun managed to shine through the broken clouds to illuminate the scores of attending boats, ranging from eight-foot inflatables and fishing boats to personal watercraft and dazzling superyachts.
Larger yachts in attendance could be seen on display at Palm Harbor Marina at the north end of the show. Meanwhile, for the first time, the biggest superyachts were lined up in the deep-water Rybovich Marina on North Flager Drive.
Tender services ferried broker-authorized buyers and charter clients from the show to the satellite location. These private taxis will continue for the remainder of the Florida event.
Making its official debut at show was renowned Italian shipyard Benetti, while vendor space was taken for the first time by several Dutch manufacturers. Among these were highly esteemed shipyards Feadship, Heesen and Amels.
Amels also showcased its 2011-delivery, the 54m/178ft charter yacht SPIRIT. Part of the acclaimed 177 range, she features eye-catching exterior design from Tim Heywood and beautiful, Asian-inspired interiors with touches by Christian Liaigre.
Also turning heads was the must-see 70m/230ft charter yacht ‘Martha Ann’ from Lurssen, as well as the US-built yachts, the 58m/190ft charter yacht SKYFALL and the 50m/163ft charter yacht 'Casino Royale'.
Other highlights of day one included floating cocktail barges and the Meyer Amphitheatre, where attendees were making the most of the food vendors and checking out the Nautical Ventures’ AquaZone, a demonstration pool for watercraft and other equipment.
The outstanding display of yachts and exhibitor continues today, alongside an extensive seminar programme, ranging from fishing clinics to on-the-water boat-handling classes.
Follow our Palm Beach Boat Show Livestream to keep up to date with all of the news as it unfolds
Also turning heads was the must-see 70m/230ft charter yacht ‘Martha Ann’ from Lurssen
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...