Celebrating its twentieth edition, the Superyacht Cup Palma remained true to tradition last week, with three days of outstanding racing keeping a discerning crowd wholly entertained as charter yachts sailed to victory.
Attracting twenty two entries as well as a number of industry players, the Superyacht Cup Palma 2016 easily exceeded any and all expectations which preceded it.
Up against a reportedly stable 7-11 knot breeze, captains and crews were stretched to perform at the very best of their capabilities.
Making things that bit sweeter, it was charter yachts which took home gold medals across two of the classes this year.
Class B Winner: P2
A nice endorsement of her many qualities, the performance flaunted her sporty exterior as well as hinting towards the kind of experience guests can expect when chartering the yacht.
Whilst the interior might not have been the subject of conversation as she was underway last week, her refreshingly modern styling makes her the ideal choice for a luxury charter vacation.
Indeed, the light teak decking and well-appointed staterooms are chiefly responsible for her being named the ‘Sailing Yacht of the Year’ at the World Superyacht Awards 2009.
A fantastic opportunity to see luxury yachts in action, the Superyacht Cup Palma demonstrates the sheer amount of high performing yachts available for charter
Class C Winner: ‘Tempus Fugit’
The competition was just as fierce in class C, with the 27m/90ft sailing yacht ‘Tempus Fugit’ clinching gold after facing off the impressive efforts of the Vitters built 46m/151ft sailing yacht GANESHA.
A true modern classic, Tempus Fugit broke away from her competition by reaching one of the highest speeds of the Cup- a truly impressive 19.98 knots.
As entertaining as she is high performing, the yacht earned the moniker of ‘Best Sail 24m- 40m’ at the International Superyacht Society Awards 2014.
Her bright interior is nicely contemporary, with a range of comfortable furnishings making her something of a moveable sanctuary for when it comes to returning from her vast and uncluttered sundeck.
- Heesen M/Y ASYA Joins Mediterranean Charter FleetThe 47m/153ft superyacht ASYA has now joined the global charter fleet, and will be available in Mediterranean hotspots ...
- 5 Top Superyachts Available To Charter At America’s CupTaking place this June, the hotly anticipated America’s Cup is no doubt best enjoyed on board one of the outstanding mo...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- Charter Yachts Win At World Superyacht Awards 2017At this year’s World Superyacht Awards, held on 13th May at the Palazzo Vecchio in Florence, a fine selection of charte...
- M/Y TITANIA Heads to Ibiza for Summer ChartersThe impressive 73m/239ft motor yacht TITANIA is available for charter in Balearics hotspots such as Ibiza and Mallorca ...
- World's Largest Superyacht REV Available To CharterSet to become the world's largest superyacht in terms of both length and gross tonnage (GT), the 182m/596ft motor yacht...