Celebrating its twentieth edition, the Superyacht Cup Palma remained true to tradition last week, with three days of outstanding racing keeping a discerning crowd wholly entertained as charter yachts sailed to victory.
Attracting twenty two entries as well as a number of industry players, the Superyacht Cup Palma 2016 easily exceeded any and all expectations which preceded it.
Up against a reportedly stable 7-11 knot breeze, captains and crews were stretched to perform at the very best of their capabilities.
Making things that bit sweeter, it was charter yachts which took home gold medals across two of the classes this year.
Class B Winner: P2
A nice endorsement of her many qualities, the performance flaunted her sporty exterior as well as hinting towards the kind of experience guests can expect when chartering the yacht.
Whilst the interior might not have been the subject of conversation as she was underway last week, her refreshingly modern styling makes her the ideal choice for a luxury charter vacation.
Indeed, the light teak decking and well-appointed staterooms are chiefly responsible for her being named the ‘Sailing Yacht of the Year’ at the World Superyacht Awards 2009.
A fantastic opportunity to see luxury yachts in action, the Superyacht Cup Palma demonstrates the sheer amount of high performing yachts available for charter
Class C Winner: ‘Tempus Fugit’
The competition was just as fierce in class C, with the 27m/90ft sailing yacht ‘Tempus Fugit’ clinching gold after facing off the impressive efforts of the Vitters built 46m/151ft sailing yacht GANESHA.
A true modern classic, Tempus Fugit broke away from her competition by reaching one of the highest speeds of the Cup- a truly impressive 19.98 knots.
As entertaining as she is high performing, the yacht earned the moniker of ‘Best Sail 24m- 40m’ at the International Superyacht Society Awards 2014.
Her bright interior is nicely contemporary, with a range of comfortable furnishings making her something of a moveable sanctuary for when it comes to returning from her vast and uncluttered sundeck.
- Watch Sydney's New Year's Fireworks on M/Y SAHANAThe 37m/120ft motor yacht SAHANA, one of Australia's finest charter yachts, is available for a New Year’s charter in th...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y NARVALO Offers Special Thanksgiving DealCharter the 33m/110ft superyacht NARVALO from Cantiere Delle Marche in the Bahamas this Thanksgiving and get eight days...
- An Update On Caribbean Charter GroundsHurricanes Irma and Maria have left a trail of destruction across the Caribbean and Florida, prompting concerns about t...
- M/Y KATHARINE Enjoys Stunning RefitFinely refined, the classically styled 61m/201ft motor yacht KATHARINE is available for charter in the Mediterranean fo...
- M/Y SHERAKHAN Undergoing Exciting RefitSet to take on a completely new look, the 70m/229ft motor yacht SHERAKHAN is currently halfway through an extensive ref...