Charter Yachts Take Gold At The Superyacht Cup Palma 2016
Celebrating its twentieth edition, the Superyacht Cup Palma remained true to tradition last week, with three days of outstanding racing keeping a discerning crowd wholly entertained as charter yachts sailed to victory.
Attracting twenty two entries as well as a number of industry players, the Superyacht Cup Palma 2016 easily exceeded any and all expectations which preceded it.
Up against a reportedly stable 7-11 knot breeze, captains and crews were stretched to perform at the very best of their capabilities.
Making things that bit sweeter, it was charter yachts which took home gold medals across two of the classes this year.
Class B Winner: P2
A nice endorsement of her many qualities, the performance flaunted her sporty exterior as well as hinting towards the kind of experience guests can expect when chartering the yacht.
Whilst the interior might not have been the subject of conversation as she was underway last week, her refreshingly modern styling makes her the ideal choice for a luxury charter vacation.
Indeed, the light teak decking and well-appointed staterooms are chiefly responsible for her being named the ‘Sailing Yacht of the Year’ at the World Superyacht Awards 2009.
A fantastic opportunity to see luxury yachts in action, the Superyacht Cup Palma demonstrates the sheer amount of high performing yachts available for charter
Class C Winner: ‘Tempus Fugit’
The competition was just as fierce in class C, with the 27m/90ft sailing yacht ‘Tempus Fugit’ clinching gold after facing off the impressive efforts of the Vitters built 46m/151ft sailing yacht GANESHA.
A true modern classic, Tempus Fugit broke away from her competition by reaching one of the highest speeds of the Cup- a truly impressive 19.98 knots.
As entertaining as she is high performing, the yacht earned the moniker of ‘Best Sail 24m- 40m’ at the International Superyacht Society Awards 2014.
Her bright interior is nicely contemporary, with a range of comfortable furnishings making her something of a moveable sanctuary for when it comes to returning from her vast and uncluttered sundeck.
CHARTER YACHTS WHICH COMPETED IN THE SUPERYACHT CUP PALMA 2016
Germania Nova Yacht For Charter
55m Marin LuxurYachts, 2011
Ganesha Yacht For Charter
46m Vitters, 2013
Salperton Yacht For Charter
45m Fitzroy, 2009
Tenaz Yacht For Charter
40m Pendennis, 1996 / 2009
P2 Yacht For Charter
38m Perini Navi, 2008
Sojana Yacht For Charter
34m Green Marine, 2003 / 2009
Penelope Yacht For Charter
30m Oyster Yachts, 2012
Tempus Fugit Yacht For Charter
27m Arkin Pruva Argos Yachts, 2013
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y PIONEER Offers Two Free Days of CharterOffering guests 9 days charter for the price of 7, the 46m/151ft expedition yacht PIONEER is perfect for exploring the ...
- M/Y ELYSIAN Open For Charter In The CaribbeanFollowing her appearance at the Antigua Charter Yacht Show in December, the 60m/197ft motor yacht ELYSIAN is now availa...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- Greece Maintains Status as a Superyacht Hotspot With a new year now underway, it’s possible to see how Greece continued to maintain its position as one of the prime ya...
- M/Y AXIOMA Drops Rate By €255,000 For WinterOffering a considerable reduction on select dates this spring and autumn, the 72m/236ft motor yacht AXIOMA presents a d...