Celebrating its twentieth edition, the Superyacht Cup Palma remained true to tradition last week, with three days of outstanding racing keeping a discerning crowd wholly entertained as charter yachts sailed to victory.
Attracting twenty two entries as well as a number of industry players, the Superyacht Cup Palma 2016 easily exceeded any and all expectations which preceded it.
Up against a reportedly stable 7-11 knot breeze, captains and crews were stretched to perform at the very best of their capabilities.
Making things that bit sweeter, it was charter yachts which took home gold medals across two of the classes this year.
Class B Winner: P2
A nice endorsement of her many qualities, the performance flaunted her sporty exterior as well as hinting towards the kind of experience guests can expect when chartering the yacht.
Whilst the interior might not have been the subject of conversation as she was underway last week, her refreshingly modern styling makes her the ideal choice for a luxury charter vacation.
Indeed, the light teak decking and well-appointed staterooms are chiefly responsible for her being named the ‘Sailing Yacht of the Year’ at the World Superyacht Awards 2009.
A fantastic opportunity to see luxury yachts in action, the Superyacht Cup Palma demonstrates the sheer amount of high performing yachts available for charter
Class C Winner: ‘Tempus Fugit’
The competition was just as fierce in class C, with the 27m/90ft sailing yacht ‘Tempus Fugit’ clinching gold after facing off the impressive efforts of the Vitters built 46m/151ft sailing yacht GANESHA.
A true modern classic, Tempus Fugit broke away from her competition by reaching one of the highest speeds of the Cup- a truly impressive 19.98 knots.
As entertaining as she is high performing, the yacht earned the moniker of ‘Best Sail 24m- 40m’ at the International Superyacht Society Awards 2014.
Her bright interior is nicely contemporary, with a range of comfortable furnishings making her something of a moveable sanctuary for when it comes to returning from her vast and uncluttered sundeck.
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2019Make it your New Year’s resolution to charter a brand new superyacht with our round-up of the latest yachts to have hit...
- Australia charter special announced on M/Y ‘Infinity Pacific’Enjoy nine days for the price of seven on Whitsundays yacht charters on board the 40m/133ft motor yacht ‘Infinity Pacif...
- New photos: take a fresh look at 73m M/Y NAUTILUS Brand new imagery of the iconic 73m/240ft motor yacht NAUTILUS from Picchiotti has been released, showing off some rece...
- S/Y AQUIJO to charter in Papua New GuineaThe award-winning 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO has announced she will be chartering around the captivating cruising g...
- Viking M/Y MARYBELLE joins Bahamas charter fleet The 25m/83ft luxury fishing yacht MARYBELLE is one of the latest additions to the global charter market and will be ava...
- M/Y HANAA opens for charter in the Mediterranean Part of Dominator’s popular Ilumen series, the 27m/90ft motor yacht HANAA has announced she will be available to charte...