Organised by yacht events company ACREW, the first annual International Crew Awards invited crew members from around the world for an evening of glitz and glamour in Nice on 13 October. In total, 17 awards were presented to the most deserving and hard-working crew members.
Charter yacht La Tania was among the yachts recognised at the awards, bagging a top prize for the exceptional service provided by her crew of 12. The yacht’s Captain, Todd Herman, was on hand to receive the award on behalf of his dedicated crew.
“I felt a great sense of pride and honor to see my team recognized as the best charter yacht crew,” said Captain Todd Herman after receiving the accolade.
“They worked extremely hard and are well deserving. ACREW did an amazing job organizing the event. It’s great for our industry and I have no doubt it will be a premier event on the yachting calendar for years to come.”
Launched in 2001 by CMN yachts, La Tania is a sleek and elegant motor yacht, with accommodation for 11 guests across five cabins. She is well-suited to her Mediterranean cruising grounds, with an inviting Jacuzzi on the sun deck and a treasure chest of water toys accessed from the swim platform.
I felt a great sense of pride to see my team recognized as the best charter yacht crew. They worked extremely hard and are well-deserving.
La Tania was not the only charter yacht to catch the attention of the judges, however.
Oceanco’s 56m/184ft superyacht ‘The Wellesley’ took home two prizes; the Courageous Crew Award, presented to Head Chef Bradley van Royen and the Captain (Master 3000GT) Award presented to Captain David Pott. An extremely popular charter option, The Wellesley has the largest open deck space of any yacht of its size, and boasts a spillpool on the sun deck.
Below is the full list of charter yachts which won at the Acrew International Crew Awards:
- M/Y ‘La Tania’: Best Charter Yacht Crew
- M/Y ‘The Wellesley’: Courageous Crew Award and Captain (Master 3000GT)
- M/Y HANA: Best Chef and Best Steward Awards
- M/Y AWOL: Captain (Master 500GT) and Sustainability Crew Award
- S/Y SHOGUN: First Officer Award
- M/Y EXUMA: Leadership Award
- M/Y ‘Da Vinci’: Chief Engineer & ETO Award
- M/Y DELPHINE: Deck Award
The awards were based on nominations by other crew members, and winners were decreed by a panel of judges composed of captains and senior crew members who reviewed CVs, references and interview videos.
The event attracted 275 guests at Le Palace in Nice, and hosted dazzling dance performances as well as a five-star afterparty, all topped off with a unique 1920's theme. The below video gives us a glimpse into the lively atmosphere and alluring setting of the event.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Brand new 52m 'Lady Lena' available for 2020 Mediterranean yacht chartersDue to be delivered next year, the 52m/170ft motor yacht 'Lady Lena' is now open for yacht charter bookings for summer ...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.