Organised by yacht events company ACREW, the first annual International Crew Awards invited crew members from around the world for an evening of glitz and glamour in Nice on 13 October. In total, 17 awards were presented to the most deserving and hard-working crew members.
Charter yacht La Tania was among the yachts recognised at the awards, bagging a top prize for the exceptional service provided by her crew of 12. The yacht’s Captain, Todd Herman, was on hand to receive the award on behalf of his dedicated crew.
“I felt a great sense of pride and honor to see my team recognized as the best charter yacht crew,” said Captain Todd Herman after receiving the accolade.
“They worked extremely hard and are well deserving. ACREW did an amazing job organizing the event. It’s great for our industry and I have no doubt it will be a premier event on the yachting calendar for years to come.”
Launched in 2001 by CMN yachts, La Tania is a sleek and elegant motor yacht, with accommodation for 11 guests across five cabins. She is well-suited to her Mediterranean cruising grounds, with an inviting Jacuzzi on the sun deck and a treasure chest of water toys accessed from the swim platform.
I felt a great sense of pride to see my team recognized as the best charter yacht crew. They worked extremely hard and are well-deserving.
La Tania was not the only charter yacht to catch the attention of the judges, however.
Oceanco’s 56m/184ft superyacht ‘The Wellesley’ took home two prizes; the Courageous Crew Award, presented to Head Chef Bradley van Royen and the Captain (Master 3000GT) Award presented to Captain David Pott. An extremely popular charter option, The Wellesley has the largest open deck space of any yacht of its size, and boasts a spillpool on the sun deck.
Below is the full list of charter yachts which won at the Acrew International Crew Awards:
- M/Y ‘La Tania’: Best Charter Yacht Crew
- M/Y ‘The Wellesley’: Courageous Crew Award and Captain (Master 3000GT)
- M/Y HANA: Best Chef and Best Steward Awards
- M/Y AWOL: Captain (Master 500GT) and Sustainability Crew Award
- S/Y SHOGUN: First Officer Award
- M/Y EXUMA: Leadership Award
- M/Y ‘Da Vinci’: Chief Engineer & ETO Award
- M/Y DELPHINE: Deck Award
The awards were based on nominations by other crew members, and winners were decreed by a panel of judges composed of captains and senior crew members who reviewed CVs, references and interview videos.
The event attracted 275 guests at Le Palace in Nice, and hosted dazzling dance performances as well as a five-star afterparty, all topped off with a unique 1920's theme. The below video gives us a glimpse into the lively atmosphere and alluring setting of the event.
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2019Make it your New Year’s resolution to charter a brand new superyacht with our round-up of the latest yachts to have hit...
- New video paints a picture of tranquility on M/Y O’PTASIAProspective charter guests can now get a taste for the levels of luxury they can expect to find on board the 85m/279ft ...
- Benetti superyacht SPECTRE joins the charter fleetCommissioned by experienced owner John Staluppi, the 69m/227ft superyacht SPECTRE has unveiled her charter availability...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...