Charter Yachts Nominated for 2014 International Superyacht Design Awards
The finalists for the International Superyacht Design Awards have now been announced and include a number of nominations for the global charter fleet, including the 85m/279ft motor yacht ‘Solandge’.
Founded in 1989, the International Superyacht Design Awards recognises the exceptional design and build quality of superyachts launched and refitted within the last calendar year. This year’s finalists includes some of the most acclaimed charter yachts on the market nominated in all four categories, with the winners due to be announced on the 29th October during a glamorous gala in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Since her launch in 2013, Lürssen-built luxury motor yacht ‘Solandge’ has become one of the most talked-about yachts on the charter market and received a number of industry awards and nominations. Following her debut success at the Monaco Yacht Show 2014 in which she took home the award for ‘Best Exterior’ in the event’s first ever awards ceremony, she has now been nominated for a 2014 ISS Award in the ‘Best Power 65m+’ category.
Also nominated in this group is the magnificent 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Odessa II’ which was built by Nobiskrug in 2013 to a design by H2 Yacht Design. The 34m/111ft catamaran charter yacht ‘Quaranta’ meanwhile is a finalist in the ‘Best Power 24m-40m’ category. As the largest Carbon Hybrid luxury yacht catamaran yacht ever built, her innovative design and luxurious layout has already seen her take home a number of industry awards including a prestigious World Superyacht Awards.
Sailing yacht's ‘State of Grace’ and ‘Mondango 3’ are up against one another in the ‘Best Sail 40m+’ finalists, each representing the highest levels of performance, styling and amenities on the market. The 33m/107ft charter yacht ‘Inukshuk’ by Baltic Yachts is nominated in the ‘Best Sail 24m – 40m’ category, another remarkable 2013 build that has already added an extensive collection of awards to her trophy cabinet over the past year.
The ‘Best Refit’ category sees two charter yacht nominations – the stunning 62m/203ft ‘Lady Christina’ and the 71m/233ft explorer yacht ‘Enigma XK’. Originally built in 1988 as a Scottish Fisheries Protection Agency (SFPA) vessel, ‘Enigma XK’ underwent an extensive re-build project to transform her into a luxury superyacht with design by the renowned Philippe Briand. She was re-launched late-last year and was made available for charter early 2014, making her one of the best-equipped vessels for luxury world exploration in the world.
The number of charter yachts nominated for International Superyacht Awards shows the quality of superyachts available on the global fleet. One yacht from each category will be selected as the winner and announced during the awards ceremony which will also recognise individuals and businesses, via a handful of additional awards such as the Leadership Award, and the Distinguished Crew Award.
For more information about the ISS Awards or any of the yachts mentioned, speak to your charter broker.
CHARTER YACHTS NOMINATED FOR 2014 ISS AWARDS
Solandge Yacht For Charter
85m Lurssen, 2013
Odessa II Yacht For Charter
73m Nobiskrug, 2013
Enigma XK Yacht For Charter
71m Richards Shipbuilders, 1987 / 2013
Sea Walk Yacht For Charter
62m Oceanco, 2005 / 2014
Mondango 3 Yacht For Charter
56m Alloy Yachts, 2014
S.Y STATE OF GRACE Yacht For Charter
39m Perini Navi, 2013
Inukshuk Yacht For Charter
33m Baltic Yachts, 2013
- S/Y ALEXA Opens for Charters for Two in IndonesiaThe 31m/102ft sailing yacht ALEXA is a one-cabin phinisi offering romantic adventures for two in the magnificent archip...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- M/Y HARMONYA Now Available For CharterOriginally built by the Benetti Sail Division in 2005 and refit to an incredibly high standard in 2010, the 29m/94ft mo...
- M/Y SERENITY Joins the Global Charter FleetThe 41m/133ft superyacht SERENITY is now available for charter in the Bahamas and Caribbean following her launch from C...
- Feadship M/Y AQUARIUS Opens for CharterFollowing her sensational launch last September, the 92m/302ft motor yacht AQUARIUS from Feadship has now become availa...