A welcome relief following the weather complications the island faced earlier this year, superyachts have arrived in the port of Gustavia and made anchorages in the surrounding waters to party in St Barts over New Year’s Eve.
No doubt the greatest indication that it’s business as usual for the island this New Year is the sight of the the privately owned 163m/553ft motor yacht ECLIPSE preparing for its annual party.
Besides a casual regatta which takes place on New Year’s Eve, everyone else’s partying typically goes on until the small hours both on board the yachts and on the shore.
With the celebrations now only a couple of days away, we take a look at some of the fantastic superyachts which will be bringing St Barts to life this New Year’s Eve.
Some of the charter yachts turning heads whilst sitting at anchor in St Barts this week are the 74m/241ft motor yacht MOGAMBO, the 63m/206ft luxury yacht ‘Lady Britt’ from Feadship, and the 58m/191ft motor yacht UNBRIDLED.
Being outside of Gustavia, these superyachts will naturally be able to enjoy a party in private or easily deploy tenders to allow those on board to soak up the celebrations taking place on the island.
A lengthy and exciting tradition, celebrating New Year’s Eve in St Barts is as good as it gets
Whilst parties have often taken place on the ever vibrant Nikki Beach, the resort is currently undergoing repairs ahead of the summer season and isn’t expected to be open until March.
There are, however, many restaurants and bars up and running again in St Barthelemy, and we’ve assembled an attractive list which outlines 10 Of The Best Places To Eat In St Barts In 2018.
In order to find out more regarding any of the charter yachts currently gathered in St Barts for New Year’s Eve, feel free to get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all of the superyachts available to rent in St Barts.
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charterAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- Sneak preview inside brand new M/Y O’MATHILDENow only a couple of months from completion, a number of exciting renderings have been published to illustrate the fasc...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Popular Marinas Reopen In The CaribbeanIn yet more good news for the Caribbean, it was revealed today that key marinas in the Virgin Islands and St Martin hav...