A welcome relief following the weather complications the island faced earlier this year, superyachts have arrived in the port of Gustavia and made anchorages in the surrounding waters to party in St Barts over New Year’s Eve.
No doubt the greatest indication that it’s business as usual for the island this New Year is the sight of the the privately owned 163m/553ft motor yacht ECLIPSE preparing for its annual party.
Besides a casual regatta which takes place on New Year’s Eve, everyone else’s partying typically goes on until the small hours both on board the yachts and on the shore.
With the celebrations now only a couple of days away, we take a look at some of the fantastic superyachts which will be bringing St Barts to life this New Year’s Eve.
Some of the charter yachts turning heads whilst sitting at anchor in St Barts this week are the 74m/241ft motor yacht MOGAMBO, the 63m/206ft luxury yacht ‘Lady Britt’ from Feadship, and the 58m/191ft motor yacht UNBRIDLED.
Being outside of Gustavia, these superyachts will naturally be able to enjoy a party in private or easily deploy tenders to allow those on board to soak up the celebrations taking place on the island.
A lengthy and exciting tradition, celebrating New Year’s Eve in St Barts is as good as it gets
Whilst parties have often taken place on the ever vibrant Nikki Beach, the resort is currently undergoing repairs ahead of the summer season and isn’t expected to be open until March.
There are, however, many restaurants and bars up and running again in St Barthelemy, and we’ve assembled an attractive list which outlines 10 Of The Best Places To Eat In St Barts In 2018.
In order to find out more regarding any of the charter yachts currently gathered in St Barts for New Year’s Eve, feel free to get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all of the superyachts available to rent in St Barts.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...